Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Editor not outputting to standard network lights

Ericcova

I have 2 LOR dongles and some DMX outputs over ethernet. COM 3 is a standard LOR network with 8 controllers. COM 4 is an enhanced network with 9 Controllers. Everything seemed to be working until today, the only thing that I did was import some additional channels into a few sequences that were not used yet, and not in the pixel editor yet. Today, all the standard network controllers stopped working with pixel editor. They still work in the hardware utility. I believe they worked in the sequence editor too, but been troubleshooting so long not 100% on that. At one point I went back to an old laptop and was able to get it to work, but not sure if that was just a glitch. I tried reverting to old sequences, then creating new ones with new channel layouts, and finally uninstalling and reinstalling LOR. Using the latest version posted in the downloads for LOR as of yesterday. I noticed that LOR didn't completely uninstall because the channels were still there so I deleted all the LOR registry entries under HKCU\Software\LOR. I have been having a lot of other of/on issues, but that could be me just further breaking things trying to get the pixel editor to work. I had been using it for weeks with no issues outputting everything to my lights. I tried re-creating the XML file in the pixel editor directory as well, and I verified that the channels were correct in the file. I have been mostly troubleshooting the flood lights, but none of the channels worked. I did notice that the flood lights were in the sequence editor on the wrong network (aux a instead of regular), but they were not being sequenced in the editor, just the pixel editor. I fixed it anyway, but they were always correct in the pixel editor. Not sure if any of this matters since a brand new sequence with a fresh install does not operate the lights. Ran out of things to check. Any thoughts on what I did? Just so confusing because it works in the hardware utility perfect fine, and they are mapped correctly in the network preferences. Is there some hidden file/registry setting that I corrupted?

all lor controllers need to be in enhanced mode to work with the pixel editor they also have to have latest firmware installed  ,the DMX should be working right?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Dmx and enhanced are working. The standard network is giving me weird results even though they were programmed in SE.  I did update all the firmware on the enhanced network. I am going to have to go back and look what I did. it was all working so I must have messed something up at some point. long day so maybe a fresh look in the morning will be good. just getting really odd results, I did figure out that some of it is from bad feedback from a LOR controller. 

I am experiencing the same thing sort of.  I have a regular network with all the non rgb items on it.  I also have a high speed dongle (red) that is running the pixel tree, one LOR g3 controller and 2 cmb 24s.  Everything fires when I run the sequences that are completed using just sequence editor.  The one song I completed, using pixel editor for just the RGB stuff will not fire any of the RGB items.  I have the lid file and the lms in the same directory, but it is still not working.

Any ideas

This is mine, maybe it'll jog your memory.

network%20config.png

Another thing that can trip you up is to make sure the Comm Listener is running. ie. little red light bulb next to the clock.

Yes, I have the network setup fine.  The Pixel Tree Lights as do all the other items on that network.  The problem is, the sequence that was started in sequence editor and pixels finished in PE will not run on my show computer.  I think it is a mapping issue with the files.  I copy the lid and lms file over to the show computer then connect up the audio.  When I run the sequence either in a show or from the sequence editor I am not seeing  any pixels fire from the sequence.  What am I missing?  I got live tomorrow at 5PM and this is my featured song.  Ugh, I am tired

Registry: Shared
    AppPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\
    UserDataPath = C:\Users\jstomasi\Documents\Light-O-Rama\
    AudioPath = C:\Users\jstomasi\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Audio\
    NonAudioPath = C:\Users\jstomasi\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\

I am wondering if there is an issue with the path with regard to pixel editor if you move from one machine to the next, because of the way the lid file works.  Is it a relative path to the sequence, or can you just put them in any folder as long as it is the same.

I keep my work in progress sequencing files in dropbox so they are synced and backed up.  Then copy them to the show machine in the standard out of the box locations, sequence folder etc...

Edited by jstomasi

The only issues I ever have is that the mappings in the pixel editor are not correct on one my computers, or if I have images in my sequence that I forgot to copy over. Whenever I copy files from my sequence laptop to the show computer, I have to remap the audio, re-import the pixel editor preview (file with layout/network/pixel setup), and then save intensity data again. If you have pictures in your pixel editor, you have to remap those as well, or keep it in a standard directory on both computers (c:\pictures). I think that is just because the settings on my laptop are wrong and I never got around to fixing it. not sure if this is your issue or not, but it happens to me so  I figured I would mention it in the event it jogs your memory. Also, obviously make sure you did save intensity date from the pixel editor menu, or your pixel editor stuff will not even be in your lms file, so will not work.

17 hours ago, jstomasi said:

Registry: Shared
    AppPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Light-O-Rama\
    UserDataPath = C:\Users\jstomasi\Documents\Light-O-Rama\
    AudioPath = C:\Users\jstomasi\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Audio\
    NonAudioPath = C:\Users\jstomasi\Documents\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\

I am wondering if there is an issue with the path with regard to pixel editor if you move from one machine to the next, because of the way the lid file works.  Is it a relative path to the sequence, or can you just put them in any folder as long as it is the same.

I keep my work in progress sequencing files in dropbox so they are synced and backed up.  Then copy them to the show machine in the standard out of the box locations, sequence folder etc...

Try This, assuming that the network paths are correct, put your .lms file and your .lid files in one location, preferably the sequence folder in the LOR folder. re-direct the sequence to that folder and make sure the audio is in the correct file.Open up the .lms file in SE and see if the intensity data is attached to the sequence, if not, then if you have PE loaded on that computer, open the .lms file in PE and save the intensity data again.To do this though the .lpe file for that sequence will also need to be in that folder with the other two files. If it then attaches and still doesn't work then there is a small issue being over looked in the network setup.

SPaschall 

Apologies to the OP, your thread kind of got stepped on with a similar problem. Fortunately jstomasi started a new thread and his issue was resolved there. I realize as the OP you may get emails telling you someone has posted in your thread and were probably wondering why it had nothing to do with your original post. This happens from time to time and I thought you should know why.

To the OP, I assuming and hoping you got your issue figured out before we barged in. :) Your response to the other issue is very helpful to others who come looking for help. I am just about to that point of putting shows on my show pc and it is handy to know about remapping picture files.

To SPaschall, FYI the issue that jstomasi had was a misidentified prop/network issue. His lights are a-twinkling now. :)

Alan...

That's good to hear I saw in another thread it was resolved. This one went sideways a bit. Bottom line lights are twinkling so that is good news.

SPaschall

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Ericcova said:

Not an issue at all, the emails didn't  bother me. Glad you got your issue sorted.

So @Ericcova, is your issue resolved or are you still looking for help?

I am all set. I just stopped using the pixel editor the way I was and did it a different way. seems like based on what I was told it should have never worked. all my sequences are working now, still have issues with some LOR controllers, but I just gave up on them and switched to another type of controller. thanks for all the help.