Light-O-Rama Forums
Chapman lights

Fm transmitter

Hi guys, I have a vast fm transmitter I hooked up to my computer but it's not working.  I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or need to enable something?  Any help would be appreciated.  I downloaded the vast software but there's no help in the context pull down.

Not sure about that transmitter.  Regadless, it needs to be connected to the comptuer via the headphones port on the computer.  FM transmitter connected to headphone port on computer.  If it's still not working then make sure your volume is up on the FM transmitter and/or computer.  If it's still not working then your issue will be with the transmitter.

Thanks so I got it working somewhat.  It's tuned into 105.9 an open freq in my area.  The problem is it broadcasts on 100.0 on my indoor radio.  When I go outside to my car I can't tune into 100.0. Any ideas or do I just have to keep going through the channels by trial and error?

I went out in front of my house in my car (where most people would be stopped to watch) and looked for a station that was for the most part all static...happens to be 88.1 here..so that's the channel I chose. I have found that the higher up on the dial you go, the more white noise you get. That might be just my set up, but I've tried more than one channel and it seems that the lower numbers are cleaner and easier to walk over.