Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Edit Sequences not porting over to Sequence File

pouterson1

I really need some help here.  I'm about ready to get the display going.  I've changed my pixel setup from last year and created some new props.  I've sequenced and created the props with the Pixel editor.  I open my old sequence from last year, do the edits and then save.  I can't see the RGB line in the sequence when I open the sequence file.  The net result is that the pixels don't run.  

What am I doing wrong?  I really appreciate the help on this one.

Paul

Thanks, Matt.  I can get the lights to come on in the Pixel Editor.  It's when I run a sequence that they don't come one.

Thanks, Matt.  I can get the lights to come on in the Pixel Editor.  It's when I run a sequence that they don't come one.

Have you tried saving and closing the pixel editor and then resaving the intensity files? Do you have those same channel used in the sequence editor file at the same time? Do you have the PE intensity files in the same folder as the SE file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That fixed most of the issues, i.e., saving the intensity files, Matt.  Just got to do some cleanup and check up now.  Thanks again for the quick response. I appreciate it.

Paul

Here's another one for you Matt, the colors on my sequences are coming out in pastels.  I have 8 CCB controllers, 2 PC16s, and a Pixie8 for the little mega tree.  They're all on one network.  I have the network in enhanced mode and running at 500k.  

I'm thinking that I'll need to break the tree off to a separate network.  Am I on the right track?  Appreciate the help, Matt.

Both the CCB's and Pixie controller are displaying pastel colors? And the lights display the correct colors when playing from the Pixel Editor?

If you have overloaded the network, I would expect things to be jerky, but I wouldn't expect the colors to change.

Matt

Yep, they're not displaying the color schemes that I set them up for in the Pixel Editor.  The colors seem to be random.  I moved the Megatree over to a separate network.  I'm hoping that will help.

Matt,

Got any ideas on this one??

Somehow I have been able to get some of my older sequences from last year to load my new PE props and run them.  If I go to create a new sequence, in this case a simple animation, it won't control the lights.  It also won't run from the Sequence editor.  Here's the details:

Network Setup

Regular Network - set to Com 7, speed at 500k, Enhanced mode enabled

Aux A - controls Pixi8 mini tree.  Com 5, speed at 500k, Enhanced mode enabled

The Hardware utility finds the units and can light them up.  Keep in mind, I have sequences that do work with this setup.  

Next step, create blank Animation file in Sequence Editor.  I import the channel configuration, save and close.  

Open Pixel Editor - open new Animation sequence file.  Go to Mega tree channel, modify effect to on / curtain mode.  Select the row and copy the effect to the row.  Save the PE file.  Save the Intensity data.  Make sure the PE can control lights.  Play the sequence from PE and no lights.  

Open Sequence Editor - load newly adjusted Sequence file.  Make sure control lights is on.  Play the sequence and no lights.

I've double checked the Network Preferences.  Baud rate shows as 460800, 8-N-1 with Hardware flow control enabled.  

What the heck am I doing wrong here???  I know it has to be something simple that I'm missing.  Thanks as always for the help.

Figured out the Mega tree issue.  The com port wasn't set to Aux A in the Pixel Editor prop setup.  Once I changed that, everything lit up.  Now I just need to figure out why the colors don't sequence right.

Figured out the Mega tree issue.  The com port wasn't set to Aux A in the Pixel Editor prop setup.  Once I changed that, everything lit up.  Now I just need to figure out why the colors don't sequence right.

Are you sure some of your pixels aren't a different color order then RGB? Is it possible when you setup your preview that the color order was incorrect? I had an issue where colors were coming out wrong and it was a matter of I had mis numbered the pixels and one strand was giving me different colors then the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk