Light-O-Rama Forums

Fading out intensity at end of sequence

seriouslylosingit

Hello,

I have 2 16 channel controllers and what I am trying to do is continue the beat pattern with the lights, but fade out as the song does.  Is there a way to do this, easily? My brain says there should be a way to select the final 10 seconds of the sequence and fade all channels at the same time while keeping my timings as they are???  Ive tried a number of things, but nothing  seems to be right.  I am guessing I am missing something obvious like usual, but I have never tried to do this specific effect.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Roberta

I feel you there, the only way I figured out how to do it is to fade all the channels for the last 10 seconds..then go back and select the "off" button and blank out all the areas that are in between the beats. Its a pain, but worth the effort. 

Understood... I know there "should" be a simple way, just haven't found the magic combination yet... thanks... if I manage to figure out any new and exciting tricks, I will be sure to share..

You first need to create your pattern with lights full on.  Then, select the range you want to fade (include all channels you want to fade), then press the foreground effects button, press the fade down button and press enter.  Done!

(Make sure you unpress the foreground effects button immediately after using it to avoid unexpected things later on.)

Edited by George Simmons

I am so thankful to you!!!! You have again saved my hair!!!! That took about 30 seconds. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

30 seconds?  Wow, you're slow.  Try it a few more times and you can probably get that time down to under 5 seconds.  ;)

You're welcome!  Glad I could help.

Well, in my defense, I have never used the foreground effect button for anything. I actually just slid my toolbar over and found it.. so I didn't exactly know what I was looking for:) I'll keep practicing so I can get up to speed!!!! 

Thanks again...and you're welcome for the laugh:)

Well this would have been nice to know ...say... 4 YEARS AGO!!!! I never knew what the foreground effects did...and buttons that you don't know what they do are scary..so I don't mess with them....Now I know what it does..It's not so scary:D 

seriouslylosingit...I'm probably the only one NOT laughing...LOL!

Thank you George!

Well this would have been nice to know ...say... 4 YEARS AGO!!!! I never knew what the foreground effects did...and buttons that you don't know what they do are scary..so I don't mess with them....Now I know what it does..It's not so scary[emoji3] 

seriouslylosingit...I'm probably the only one NOT laughing...LOL!

Thank you George!

It's worth paying the $20 or whatever it was and taking one of George's sequencing classes, I learned so much it an hour just about the sequencer and the button and options that I never knew for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2016 at 11:28 AM, George Simmons said:

You first need to create your pattern with lights full on.  Then, select the range you want to fade (include all channels you want to fade), then press the foreground effects button, press the fade down button and press enter.  Done!

(Make sure you unpress the foreground effects button immediately after using it to avoid unexpected things later on.)

does this work in all levels of the software?

I currently have Basic Plus.

Edited by rcktpwrd

On 12/3/2016 at 1:01 PM, 1983ss454 said:

It's worth paying the $20 or whatever it was and taking one of George's sequencing classes, I learned so much it an hour just about the sequencer and the button and options that I never knew for years.

Thanks for the kind words.  The Sequence U winter class schedule will be posted later today, both here and on various Facebook LOR user groups.