Light-O-Rama Forums

Intensity Files - Help

Robert Burton

So I have a sequence that was done in SE that is bogging down in playback on the display. I was told to create a intensity file. I see in PE where you can save the intensity data. However I don't see how that is combined with the SE file. I did not sequence this in PE. Have a bunch of pixels though. How can I get a intensity file out of this?

similar issue, I edited a sequence in pixel editor and saved as an intensity file as instructed, doesn't change the old sequence

You will need to import your SE effects into PE, remove the data from your sequence using the option under migration tools and then export as an intensity file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, 1983ss454 said:

You will need to import your SE effects into PE, remove the data from your sequence using the option under migration tools and then export as an intensity file

Thanks so much. That is not written anywhere that I can find. You would think that they would put that in.

Ok. I went back and assigned in my preview for this year (in PE) and assigned all the pixel stuff to PE. Then did the remove data under the migration tools. For some reason it is only show an intensity file for 2 props. Any ideas?

Ok. I went back and assigned in my preview for this year (in PE) and assigned all the pixel stuff to PE. Then did the remove data under the migration tools. For some reason it is only show an intensity file for 2 props. Any ideas?

Save the PE file, close pixel editor, reopen and re save intensity data, then try it in visualizer. I've had cases where it only have a couple files and played everything as it should

Ok. Finally got those props into the intensity file. I wish there were some better directions for this.

....however. It did strip out the info data (as it said it would) and dropped it into the intensity file. I copied 3 files that were created, put those into the show folder. The props that were stripped out and put into the intensity file would not play on the display. I played it back via the Showtime Player.

Ideas?

This is a copy of some info posted by Matt early in the life of the PE. I don't remember where it was posted but this is a paste into Word that I made.

I used it a few times and I think it worked ok.

The workflow for migration from SE to PE is as follows.docx

13 hours ago, Robert Burton said:

I wish there were some better directions for this.

It's in the help file (I know, the last place people look). See here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/import_from_sequence_editor.htm

If you have suggestions for improvement, please pass them along.

Matt

PhilMassey thanks for the docx. That did help.

Matt I'll take a look at this. Thanks

Bottom line is I have put together some sequences using xlights for the .lcp file. I put that into my pixel items. That has worked for years and still does to a certain extent. Then I went away from my house stuff being dumb rgb stuff and went to smart pixels. That added a lot of channels. If did much more than turn them all a certain color, the Showplayer bogged down. I was told to move them to intensity files. They would work better. One sequence transferred fine while another I was working on did not. Keep in mind it was using the same elements.

Unfortunately I am out of time to trouble shoot. I borrowed a Lenovo "Carbon X1" laptop from a friend. One of the questionable sequences ran fine with it and the Showtime player. Running a i7 Intel with 8gig ram. It should run fine.  Will be testing this later this weekend for a whole night and see how this new laptop does. If it works...I'll forgo the changing everything to PE for now.