Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB-16 PC Wiring

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

I didn't want to take away from Travis' thread, so I decided to start a new one (respect). Here's a controller I wired tonight using SPT2 cord and vampire plugs. It took about 45 minutes to wire it.

If anyone else want's to chime in on their boxes, feel free to do so and post pictures.

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

Guest wbottomley

Thank you Johnny.

Since I only have one power cord, the hot & neutral has to be "jumped" to the other side (1-8 channels). The max current this board will ever carry is 8-10 amps.

Oh William.

You make me sick ! you did that fantastic wiring job in 45 minutes ! Uggg !

it looks great.

Can I add a suggestion ?

I would put some heat shrink tubing on the connectors for better safe gaurd.

You did a great job.

How did you space the vampire plugs? Are the cords all the same distance from the controller or did you stagger them for better access? Please post a picture of that end.

Also, since your lights are fairly low current, why did you use SPT2 instead of SPT1?

Guest wbottomley

Thanks Travis.

I would put heat shrink around them if they were accessible easily to the public. But, since you screw the lid closed, they should be fine.

Other parts of the board have 125 volts exposed too.

Guest wbottomley

Steven wrote:

How did you space the vampire plugs? Are the cords all the same distance from the controller or did you stagger them for better access? Please post a picture of that end.

Also, since your lights are fairly low current, why did you use SPT2 instead of SPT1?

They are spaced the same. Here's a pic of them:

DSC00831.jpg

I like SPT2 better for this project than SPT1. In case I ever use the controller somewhere else, I won't have to rewire it again.