Light-O-Rama Forums
George Simmons

Pixie 8 Shimmers Terribly

I know not whether this is a firmware, hardware, or software issue.  Feel free to move to a more appropriate place and direct to whomever's attention would be responsible for fixing this.

Simply put - the shimmer effect through the Pixie 8 is terrible.  (I don't have a 16 and I haven't connected the 4's yet, so I can't comment on those models.  But I've got a sinking feeling...)  It's easily the worst shimmer I've ever seen from a LOR controller, and I've seen them all since about 2007.   

It looks more like a botched twinkle than it does a shimmer; almost exactly how shimmer looked in the first release of the Visualizer.  It's so noticeably different that it draws your attention in a most unfavorable manner.  Truth be told, it embarrasses me to use that effect side-by-side or even in the same field of view of props from any/every other controller I have, be it LOR, Falcon or E682. 

Please put this on the front burner for fixing, it's truly that bad.

Thank you.

George,

Is your Pixie 8 on a standard LOR network, or on an enhanced network (ELOR)?

Matt

On 11/30/2016 at 9:43 PM, George Simmons said:

500K Non-enhanced.

Have you tried it on an enhanced network?

SPaschall

Shouldn't make any difference since the shimmer is controller in the controller card itself.