Light-O-Rama Forums

Unable to locate controller

BlackwolfK9

Up until a couple of days ago, I could see all 10 of my controllers on my 485 network, but all of a sudden I could see none.Changed cables, brought controller into shop,etc. but determined that it appeared the 485 dongle had failed.  Ordered a new one, arrived today....same problem. So I brought in one of the controllers on the far end of the daisy chain and it worked with the new dongle (old dongle still bad).  Took laptop out in the field and it appears that 7 of the 10 controllers are reachable in the hardware utility but the first 3 at the start of the daisy chain are not.  Seems some sort of spike, etc has trashed the first 3 controllers which are 2 CTB16PC' and one CMB24D.  Before I knew the controllers would not talk 485 anymore, I connected one of the (now known) bad ones to a Falcon Pixel controller F16V2-r utilizing the 485 port on the Falcon and running the CTB16PC in DMX mode.  I was able to control lights from my sequence.  My question is can the 485 logic side not function and the DMX side can still work?  Sorry for such a long post.

• The topic was locked