Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing speed of effect in timeline window

jstomasi

Wondering if there is a way to modify speed in the timeline of an effect without having to launch the effect generator?

This is proving to be problematic as you cannot set the speed of an effect to the speed of the music.  Or maybe I am missing something.

If this is not a capability it should be one, or have a box you can check to set speed to BPM of audio file.

I agree, this would be a nice function to have.  For better or for worse, there are a limited number of "speed" choices.  In my case, I've tried 3 or 4 to find the one that "fits" the best.  Could be a nice addition to S5.

8 hours ago, jstomasi said:

Wondering if there is a way to modify speed in the timeline of an effect without having to launch the effect generator?

This is proving to be problematic as you cannot set the speed of an effect to the speed of the music.  Or maybe I am missing something.

If this is not a capability it should be one, or have a box you can check to set speed to BPM of audio file.

Welcome to pixels, this is an issue with models you just have to play with it on certain models.Some have a fit to duration and are time based.

SPaschall

30 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

On what effects specifically would you want a "fit to duration" setting?

Matt

Bars would be good,also on spirals with the ability to not only have left/right, right/left but the ability to have a curtain style effect on spirals that would open or close.or the ability to open/close like a regular spiral might be programmed in SE.

SPaschall