Light-O-Rama Forums

rgb pixel sequence help

M.P

Just got a pixie 16 and pixel strings from LOR and trying to add rgb to roof and window outline. Trying to expand my show which consists of one 16 channel controller. I have the reg sequence for "grandma got run over by reindeer" but I don't have an rgb sequence for it or the no-how to retrieve it from the sequence.  Does anyone have it or help on making this happen?  Thankyou

perezm1210@gmail.com

Right click on the channel and select Convert to RGB. You will then see a RGB icon next to each channel.

Click on that to open it up. You will then see 3 channels per. Each channel controls the colors of red blue green.

VERY VERY easy to do :)

That does sound easy to do.  So 16 channel controller and rgb controller can work with the same sequence?  When I convert to rgb as you explain wouldn't I be loosing that channel for the other controller?  Forgive me if i sound naive.  This is all brand new to me

Hold on - if you have a pixie16 then that implies you have "smart" pixels, not dumb rgb. Smart pixels have each individual light as programmable, so unless you are planning on programming hundreds of rgb channels through sequence editor you need to look into using the new Pixel Editor (from LOR, requires Pro level license) or something like xlights or superstar. If you had a CMD24D connected to rgb floods or dumb strips then you can use sequence editor easily.

Yes,  and yes I have the pixel editor with the pro license.  Was wondering if anyone has the grandma sequence which I can include for the pixie card as oppose to sequencing it through the pixel editor at this point.  I'm trying to figure how it all works before I get into the sequencing aspect. Thanks all for bearing with me

14 minutes ago, TonyD said:

... so unless you are planning on programming hundreds of rgb channels through sequence editor you need to look into using the new Pixel Editor (from LOR, requires Pro level license) or something like xlights or superstar.

Maybe if you have a pixel tree or an electronic billboard, er, I mean, a matrix, in your display then you'll want software that easily makes the same nice pretty little patterns that hundreds of others use.

If you're just sequencing regular props, or if you like the idea of actually creating something original, the Sequence Editor does a mighty fine job of programming hundreds, even a couple thousand pixels.

This is how i do it for testing out my "future" props. I only do 1 strand which is 50 pixels but it's enough to test out say... a mini pixel tree or arch.

But i get the feeling OP wants something easier. :)