Light-O-Rama Forums

Arched door way

Larry Leonhardt

The entrance to our house is a brick arch, I would like to put some c9's around the arch. My windows, I made wood frames to attach my lights, frames are rectangle. Can I hot glue the sockets to brick without damaging the bricks ?

Edited by Larry Leonhardt

1/2" pvc bends quite well...especially if you heat it up a little. You can make a frame out of it.  

• Like 1

how big is the mortar space on your bricks?  You can press pieces of wood in and attached things to the wood.  They can be pried out at a later date

How about posting a couple of pictures with some close-ups we might be able to give you some better ideas. Over my doorway I have a pixel fan as well as an RGB Arch combined

Larry,

I use the outdoor command strip/clips. Work great if you are patient. Meaning - somewhat follow the instructions. I don't use the alcohol to clean the bricks, but I do wipe them. The key is to wait the hour after applying them before you clip the lights to them. I have some that aren't in noticeable areas that I left up last year. Still holding strong. I even use them to make a hinged cord for the front door to power up a wreath. 

Wood or brick, never left a mark when I take them down after showtime is over.

(My neighbor across the street swears they don't hold crap. He's not very patient.)

Lowes and Walmart both have them this year in their seasonal areas. 

Daniel

15 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

Thanks Daniel, Will have to make a trip to Lowe's and check them out.

Larry,

I use the outdoor command strip/clips. Work great if you are patient. Meaning - somewhat follow the instructions. I don't use the alcohol to clean the bricks, but I do wipe them. The key is to wait the hour after applying them before you clip the lights to them. I have some that aren't in noticeable areas that I left up last year. Still holding strong. I even use them to make a hinged cord for the front door to power up a wreath. 

Wood or brick, never left a mark when I take them down after showtime is over.

(My neighbor across the street swears they don't hold crap. He's not very patient.)

Lowes and Walmart both have them this year in their seasonal areas. 

Daniel

I was going to suggest mounting the pvc frame with magnets like these.. I would mount the strike plates and hide them with a dab of paint. 

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/fasteners/machinery-hardware/magnets-1/ceramic-round-base-magnet-rb20ccer-11-lbs-pull

but the command strips that Mega suggested sound good....might have to go looking for some of them myself;)

16 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

all I get is photo not found

Interesting.  Worked for me.  Since Larry uses facebook, I thought maybe he was using a photo off facebook, and set so non-members couldn't see it - however that was not the case.  He has the photo on photobucket.com.  I don't use photobucket, so I don't have an account there.  I can get to it either from the the forum page or from the photobucket file on multiple computers.  I created a tinyurl for the photobucket file, so try this link:  http://tinyurl.com/hepgfmq

• Like 1

well I was going to say thanks to Jim for the working link but Larry got a pic up...Larry, that would be a cake walk to form fit pvc to the inside or along the ridge of that arch. it could even pressure fit (inside) if you did it right.

• Like 1

Went to out Texas City Lowe's just now, and I was amazed at the lack of Christmas Lights, The shelves are bare.

Anyway, here is a Picture of my helper this year, Maggie.

Christmas%20Maggie_zpsbnp5tqov.jpg

I was able to see those pictures.

I like your helper.

So the next question is are you wanting the lights to face out or hang underneath that Arch? And are you you going to be using incandescent or LED C9? The reason I ask is the heat from an incandescent light would influence how it would get mounted.

when I see that Arch it looks like an opportunity for RGB pixel nodes.

I'm not sure if your at that point yet