Light-O-Rama Forums

Light won't turn off at the end of the night

2FST4GM

I'm running 1 show that I purchased from the LOR sequence store.  I wanted the show to run every 15 minutes and the lights to stay on static between shows. I made sure all the lights were on at the end of the sequence and unchecked the "turn light off at end" checkbox.  Then I created a delay of 746 seconds before running the next show which takes me to 15 minutes before starting over.  I have the show enabled in the scheduler to run from 5:00pm - 11:05pm.  The show starts fine, but the lights stay on past the ending time of 11:05pm.  Last night I had to turn them off manually at 1:30am.  I've tried disabling all power save features and sleep modes in Windows XP.  What could I be doing wrong?

If you disabled the turn lights off at the end of the show that's the problem. Create a static animation show to run in between the scheduled shows and add it to the schedule. I actually have music that isn't great for sequencing that my static show runs to, in which case you would create a musical sequence for it, just no blinky blinky.

Z

zvacman, I tried making an animation sequence because I didn't want the static light show to be to music, but that didn't work.  I guess it has to be a musical sequence that runs after the first musical sequence.  So then I tried to make a musical sequence without music, but it forces you to choose music.  Are you guys just making a blank mp3 with no sound?  Since I need it to be about 12 minutes, should it actually be that long or shorter and loop it?

Brian Mitchell, I have the Basic Plus version of the software so I can't use the Shutdown feature (among other features).  Its a good idea, I thought of it too.  I just can't do it that way right now.

And if you make a 2nd show , exactly like the one you have but then with the disabeled lights at the end of the show on , and put that as the last show of the day in the sceduler?

will that work?

sorry for my bad english btw........dutch you know :P

After my main show, I run a show that only plays an announcement for the hours the show is on.  That has all of the lights off.  Give that a try.

Walt

Thanks all for you help.  I copied my sequence into a 2nd Show.  Then in the Editor, I made sure all the lights were off at the end and just to make sure, I also selected the checkbox to turn all lights off after each sequence.  I run my main show from 5:00pm-10:50pm.  My 2nd show runs from 11:00pm-11:05pm.  Then all the lights are off for the night.  This is great, I get the light show I always wanted and my wife gets her static lights and seeing the house all light up at once.  I can see this hobby becoming addictive!

Edited by 2FST4GM