Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Issue

Spencer9986

Okay so my issue is that my units work.  However, for some songs my two brand new controllers which control the strands of lights hanging from roof.  There are 19 strands all together.  one for each channel. However, the channels do what they are supposed to do.  However, there are times with the song that it will miss what it is supposed to do.  However, the boxes still function properly 90% of the time. These boxes are brand new

Welcome Spencer, I understand that you come to the forums for help but please, you have to be more detailed as we don't know what you have. What controllers and how many? What license version and level do you have? What other components are in your system? What does your setup look like? 

The more details you give the easier it will be to figure out what is going on. With all the different setups in here I am very confident they will figure out the problem.

6 hours ago, Spencer9986 said:

Okay so my issue is that my units work.  However, for some songs my two brand new controllers which control the strands of lights hanging from roof.  There are 19 strands all together.  one for each channel. However, the channels do what they are supposed to do.  However, there are times with the song that it will miss what it is supposed to do.  However, the boxes still function properly 90% of the time. These boxes are brand new

I am very new to this, but I will give it a shot.  If you have 1 string of lights per channel, it might be possible that they are not drawing enough power (if they are LED) to communicate with the boards and essentially leaving them illuminated at times instead of fading or flickering.  

What do you mean by "miss what it is supposed to do?", if you mean the lights come on or go off when they aren't supposed to, then that's usually 99% of the time an issue within the sequence itself.   Either the channel is off or on, depending on what the lights are doing.     Does it work properly when you play the sequence and have control lights checked in the sequence editor software{SE}?   If so, could possibly be some other issue, but if it does the same thing whether or not run in SE or run as a show, check your sequence{s} thoroughly, as chances are you don't have the section that is fouling up programmed like you think it should be,