Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm LOST....HELP PLEASE

sideshow

So I switched to LOR and I'm new at this. I feel like I have followed the videos and help, but just missing something. I have two 16 channel controllers, one pixie16 for a tree, and a pixie16 for a small matrix. I have done my sequence in pixel editor and sequence editor. I have linked the pixel editor show to the sequence editor and see the props at the bottom. However, when I play the show...no pixels. I'm so confused on matching channels, what to call what, and where to call them that. Can anyone assist with that? Thanks in advance!!!

You didn't mention it, but what are your network settings in Light-O-Rama Network Configuration? For the Pixies it should be 500K speed and since you have Pro check the enhanced option.

For reference here is a pic of mine.

network%20config.png

21 hours ago, default said:

You didn't mention it, but what are your network settings in Light-O-Rama Network Configuration? For the Pixies it should be 500K speed and since you have Pro check the enhanced option.

For reference here is a pic of mine.

network%20config.png

I am so sorry, but like I said, I'm new to this. This is where I am, most likely need a little network setup help.  I'm getting closer. My entire show is on port 5. I ended up changing the regular network to 500k and checked enhanced LOR. When I did this, the pixels finally ran but now my 2 REG LIGHT 16 channel each controllers don't respond. So maybe this is where the newbie in me is, I thought I could run whole show through the regular network? Do I need a switch? Do I need to use AUX A? If so, how do I tell the pixels to use that port? I'm a little lost here :( Sorry guys! 

No reason to be sorry. Without details of what your controllers are and what your setup is, it's hard for anyone to help you. That's why some answers in the forum may seem vague. Without good info, it's hard to help.

From what I understand to this point is that you have
You have the PRO license.
2 - 16 channel controllers, that would be 32 channels
2 Pixie16 Controllers, that would be 4,800 channels

So in total you would be trying to run 4,832 channels on 1 network, from what I understand that would asking a lot from 1 network.  

Mr. P is asking what versions are your 2 - 16 channel controllers. Without a firmware update those 2 controllers will not run at the higher speed, which is why when you change it to 500k they quit working. If they older controllers they may not be to run the higher speed at all.

I think it would be in your best interest to add at least 1 extra network, I would add 2 just to avoid lag and be ahead of the game for future expansion. Keep the 2 - 16 channel controllers on the Regular Network 57k and add 2 more networks for each Pixie16.

To add a network (or 2) is easy enough, the issue would be timing. You would need to get another (or 2) Hi-Speed RS485 dongles http://store.lightorama.com/usbrs485hs.html and unless you have them, you would need to order them which takes time to get. I know for all the Christmas Light Shows, crunch time is here.

How are planning to run your show? With a PC? or ? If you are planning to run from your show from a PC, and time is critical, order the dongles now and we can have everything else setup once they arrive.

Why is your Comm Port set to 5? The default Comm Port for LOR is Comm3, this will come into play if you want to add networks

Keep in mind if you add another 1 or 2 networks, you will have to adjust your props in Pixel Editor and Sequence Editor. I can help with both.

Alan...