Light-O-Rama Forums

Controllers Duplicating?!?!?!

sideshow

I have two controllers that I set up in the hardware utility. Labeled 1 & the other 2. I refresh the utility, it shows 2 boxes found(1&2). As soon as I daisy chain the controllers together, play the sequence, unit 2 plays whatever unit 1 is playing, ignoring my sequence. This also happens if I power down and start them back up. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

double check your channel configuration. make sure the unit ID's are set separately: (1) for the first 16 channels and (2) for the next 16  after that. If you have the same unit ID set for both that's gonna happen

What kind of controllers?  The controllers that have switches on them to set the Unit ID will revert back to the switch settings on restart.  If you change the Unit ID from the Hardware Utility, the change wont last.  Obviously, for controllers that don't have switches, the Hardware Utility is the only way to change the Unit ID.

11 minutes ago, sideshow said:

these are old Animated Lighting controllers that were converted to LOR

I have no information on these.

18 hours ago, sideshow said:

Thanks everyone. k6ccc these are old Animated Lighting controllers that were converted to LOR. I'm not at home right now, but I can't remember if they have switches :)

I have 17 of these, they have hex dials you will have to manually set those up using the dials. There are two of them A0 and A1. If these were 30 amp controllers they will have to be ran as DMX if they are 15 amp controllers then they can be ran either standard LOR protocol or DMX.

SPaschall