Light-O-Rama Forums

Still have random flashes.

prevue12

OK.. that is pretty strange.. I use the power Ts everywhere and never have an issue.  Do your controllers have one or two cords in each?  If two, I assume the Neutrals are not tied together?  If one.. that is just plain weird..

Glad you got it  fixed..

Two plug contollers,  and yes its weird!  happy it appears to be gone,  waiting for dark to confirm 100% fixed.  Before it was very pronounced, I couldnt tell after playing with cords.  

I agree, that is weird.  Something I'll have to remember as I use the green T's in my setup as well. 

Thanks for posting the solution!

Thats a weird glitch... I don't recommend doing this, but I rewire my controllers to only have one plug. I only run LEDS on my set up, so amperage isn't a concern. Again, I don't recommend doing this, but it works for me....My whole display runs off one 15 amp circuit.;) 

Fairly certain the phrase "wired like a Christmas tree" came from this hobby.

Glad someone was able to help you figure out the problem and that it was a fairly simple fix. :)

When it got dark I noted the glitch went further down the daisy chain of controllers. After some more monkeying around with plugs it went away.  

If you have an AC line tester... that little plug with the colored lights on the end.  It may let you know if you have an open ground or hot and neutral reversed. 

Never know what can happen with extension cords and plugs!

Walt

13 hours ago, Need more lights said:

Thats a weird glitch... I don't recommend doing this, but I rewire my controllers to only have one plug. I only run LEDS on my set up, so amperage isn't a concern. Again, I don't recommend doing this, but it works for me....My whole display runs off one 15 amp circuit.;) 

I finally did that to all my controllers last year, but not for any glitching reasons.. just because I wanted the ease of single plugs..  I used Ts for years.. no issues..

He may have just had  internally corroded Ts and/or cord ends.. Moving them around may have made it thru the corrosion

Edited by plasmadrive