Light-O-Rama Forums

Blade Spinner, How I built it w/video of effects

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, default said:

The pixels were part of the Pixie16 Package Deal

Due to the spacing I used (1 1/8" between pixels and a 11 1/2" inner circle) the length from blade tip to blade tip is 70". I mounted the unit in a frame 72"x72". It all will depend on how big your inner circle will be and the spacing between pixels.

Are you using S4 or S5? Please fill in your Profile info. I have both the vis files (listed above) for S4 and a lpeprop for S5.

Alan...

Alan, I built my blade spinner. Now I'm ready to do some stuff with it! I am running S5 so if you would be willing to send me the file that I need to use that would be awesome! I was also wondering if you would be willing to share and sequences for this prop? I am a newbie when it comes to the pixels and RGB stuff in general and I think I may be in over my head a little bit. I have some sequences that I bought from light o rama over the last several years. If I send you the list of songs that I have, can you let me know if you have sequenced them for the spinner?

20181007_173956.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, Travis, that looks great. You make me feel like a proud papa. :)

If you go back a page in this thread (near the bottom) you will see I posted the Blade Spinner.lpeprop and a gif on how to import the prop into S5. Since you have the Pro License you will be able to use Motion Effects in Sequencer. Do you have Superstar also? if so licensed for how many channels? Motion Effects make this prop easy to sequence for, but SS makes it really come to life.

I do have sequencing I can share, however I have nothing Christmas related. I am a fair weather lighter. I spend enough time outside in the winter for work, no need to play in it also. Give me a day or two, to copy some effects into a Animation file, that you will be able to copy into your sequences.

Did you build this with a Pixie16 also? Is the first blade at the one o'clock position? going around clockwise as you look at it?

This prop can be overpowering in relation to your other props, at least in my case that's what I found. To help with that, I dimmed the effects on this prop to 20%, It still lights fine, just a little easier on the eyes.

Again, good job on the build. I think you and your audience will really like this prop.

Alan...

Edited by default

Thanks alot! I'm glad you like it! I had a great teacher ? I did find the ipeprop. I do have super star licensed for 16 channels. I haven't messed with the program yet at all. I built it with a pixie 16 and the first blade is at 1 oclock position and going around clockwise. Thanks for all your help! I appreciate anything else you can do for me.

Travis

Hello, 

I'am very busy to build a normal spinner and i already orderd the leds for your blade spinner. 

Would you like to send the test file from War? so i can look at the examples in SS and can program the bladespinner very vast. 

If i have to pay for it or we can trade some sequences thats not a problem. 

mdnooyer@zeelandnet.nl

Thanks for showing your work, Mark

On 10/9/2018 at 5:43 PM, GrenzTravis said:

I did find the ipeprop. I do have super star licensed for 16 channels.

Travis,

I have added some new Groups to the original Blades Spinner Prop. You can either download this new one or follow along with the video I made showing how new groups can/will change how Motion Effects are displayed on the Blade Spinner and create your own unique groups following the example. If you decide to create your own groups please share the lpeprop I liked to see what people have done with this.

2018 New Blade Spinner Prop

I am still working on getting some sequences together. I have many things going on right now and may not get to it until this weekend. I am licensed for 40 CCR's in Superstar so I don't know if those will work for you. At least you can load it into SS and see how I sequenced in SS.

Alan...

On 10/10/2018 at 6:16 AM, mdnooyer said:

Would you like to send the test file from War?

As mentioned in the post above I have a 40 CCR license for Superstar. I think most of the effects from the song War were done in SS. I will put something together and post something here in the next few days.

Alan...

thank you very much. I also orderd 800 leds for the 16 x 50 pixel matrix. But do you have the distance between the leds?

Send you some pictures when i'am ready. 

Mark

Travis and Mark,

This prop (built with a Pixie16) will require at least a 16 CCR license to use in Superstar. To be able to use Motion Effects in S5 you will need the Pro License.

Here is the visualization file (.lee) file for the Blade Spinner for use in SS. It was created in S4 Visualizer and modified (to straighten the blades out and to rotate them) with ItsMeBobo' SharpIn program. I use this file in Superstar to give me the grid I wanted to use in SS. It is also the grid that is used when you (right click in S5 SE) Insert Superstar Effects. See the gif below on how to use this .lee file in SS.

32 spoke props sharpin.lee

ss%20blade%20lee%20file%20setup.gif

Here are some sample SS .sup files I have created over the years. Some times I just load SS with this prop and start making effects and see where they go. Some effects are incomplete as I was just playing around. They should give some idea on how to sequence for the Blade Spinner. Some are complete and I have used them in Sequences. Change colors and time to match your theme.

Right Click and Save As, they need the file extension of .lee when you save them. Some browser will try to save them as .xml

SampleBladePixels.sup

blade effect2.sup

blade effect3.sup
sample blade.sup
blade sequences 1.sup

sample blades_2.sup

sample blades_2.sup

I don't have many S5 Motion Effects for this prop (yet) I have mostly sequenced this prop in SS, I like the control I have in SS for this prop. In getting some of this info for you guys I have thought of some neat ways to sequence this prop in S5 (Motion Effects) that will happen this winter.

If you need help with any of this, let me know.

Enjoy

Alan...

Edited by default
Edit. Went brain dead while composing post, forgot links, etc...

14 hours ago, mdnooyer said:

thank you very much. I also orderd 800 leds for the 16 x 50 pixel matrix. But do you have the distance between the leds?

Send you some pictures when i'am ready. 

Mark

If you are asking about the Blade Spinner - pixel spacing is 1 1/8" between pixels.

If you are asking about the Matrix I built, those pixels are spaced 1 1/4" between pixels

Alan...

32 minutes ago, default said:

Travis and Mark,

This prop (built with a Pixie16) will require at least a 16 CCR license to use in Superstar. To be able to use Motion Effects in S5 you will need the Pro License.

Here is the visualization file (.lee) file for the Blade Spinner for use in SS. It was created in S4 Visualizer and modified (to straighten the blades out and to rotate them) with ItsMeBobo' SharpIn program. I use this file in Superstar to give me the grid I wanted to use in SS. It is also the grid that is used when you (right click in S5 SE) Insert Superstar Effects. See the gif below on how to use this .lee file in SS.

ss%20blade%20lee%20file%20setup.gif

Here are some sample SS .sup files I have created over the years. Some times I just load SS with this prop and start making effects and see where they go. Some effects are incomplete as I was just playing around. They should give some idea on how to sequence for the Blade Spinner. Some are complete and I have used them in Sequences. Change colors and time to match your theme.

Right Click and Save As, they need the file extension of .lee when you save them. Some browser will try to save them as .xml

SampleBladePixels.sup

blade effect2.sup

blade effect3.sup
sample blade.sup
blade sequences 1.sup

sample blades_2.sup

sample blades_2.sup

I don't have many S5 Motion Effects for this prop (yet) I have mostly sequenced this prop in SS, I like the control I have in SS for this prop. In getting some of this info for you guys I have thought of some neat ways to sequence this prop in S5 (Motion Effects) that will happen this winter.

If you need help with any of this, let me know.

Enjoy

Alan...

Thank you so much Alan for all your help. I will have some time this week to start working on the sequences for my blade spinner. I'm excited to get it going!! What's the best way to contact you if I get stuck? I have only ever sequenced one song and it was traditional (not rgb).

Thanks

19 hours ago, default said:

If you are asking about the Blade Spinner - pixel spacing is 1 1/8" between pixels.

If you are asking about the Matrix I built, those pixels are spaced 1 1/4" between pixels

Alan...

Thanks i need them from the matrix, now i can drilling holes. Thanks

22 hours ago, default said:

SampleBladePixels.sup

blade effect2.sup

blade effect3.sup
sample blade.sup
blade sequences 1.sup

sample blades_2.sup

sample blades_2.sup

As I read back through this, this is confusing and I had screwed up the links. I should not have been allowed near a pc yesterday. ?

This is how it should have read and the links have been corrected.

Right Click and Save As, this file needs the file extension of .lee when you save it. Some browser will try to save it as .xml

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the Superstar sample files, they need to be saved with a .sup extension

Sample Blade Pixels.sup
blade effect2.sup
blade effect3.sup
sample blade.sup
bladesequences1.sup
sample blades_2.sup
sample blades_2.sup

Sorry for an confusion.

Alan...