Light-O-Rama Forums

S2 Releases

LightORamaDan

No sense in waiting, keep on sequencing!

Hopefully you will get the company answer, but as I have read the posts, your activation will be valid for 5 computers. You will be able to sequence off the demo, just won't be able to control. And the demo will have some restrictions (like 2 tracks).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• Denny

• cmoore60

• Owen Holman

I downloaded and installed S2 to my 2nd computer, my laptop. The show computer can wait till the new S2 comes out w/more activations allowed. I'd much rather be using the full version v. the demo since I'm allowed 2 installs with the current version.

Got my 16 ch. controller today, a day ahead of schedule so I am ready to sequence at home or on the go and now able to see my lights too! :D

Thanks for all the responses!

Guest wbottomley

James George wrote:

I downloaded and installed S2 to my 2nd computer, my laptop. The show computer can wait till the new S2 comes out w/more activations allowed. I'd much rather be using the full version v. the demo since I'm allowed 2 installs with the current version.

What?

It's fine to put it on now.

LOL! :D I don't have a show computer yet. That's why it doesn't bother me to wait. I got a few months to find one.

• 3 months later...

Hi Dan,

When you go to that page it says 2.3.4. I thought the latest and greatest was 2.3.6?

• 1 month later...

I have downloaded the upgrade but get an error executing control panel.
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

It is looking for Light-O-Rama.msi
I did a search and can not find this file on my PC.
I tried to install the upgrade again and took the repair option.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lee

Thanks, getting close.

installed and ran the MS utility. The install seemed to complete (download is 20 mg)

Now when I go to Start - All Programs - LOR - LOR Control Panel, it does not execute.

I tried running the Schedule Editor, it runs, Tried the sequence editor ran but gives a msg that LOR is an unregistered version. I have a key but was nervous to continue since i was unable to execute the control panel as the directions indicated.

Any thoughts?

L

lleibeck wrote:

Thanks, getting close.

installed and ran the MS utility. The install seemed to complete (download is 20 mg)

Now when I go to Start - All Programs - LOR - LOR Control Panel, it does not execute.

I tried running the Schedule Editor, it runs, Tried the sequence editor ran but gives a msg that LOR is an unregistered version. I have a key but was nervous to continue since i was unable to execute the control panel as the directions indicated.

Any thoughts?

L

Make sure that the LOR control panel is not already running in your system tray. Depending on previous settings, when you click the LOR Control Panel it may just go into residence in the system tray with the LOR Bulb Icon.

Dan

Dan,

Thanks, I know I made sure it was not running in the tray when I tried to launch.

Ok to go through the sequence editor and paste my key in there for trying to launch the controller?

L

lleibeck wrote:

Dan,

Thanks, I know I made sure it was not running in the tray when I tried to launch.

Ok to go through the sequence editor and paste my key in there for trying to launch the controller?

L

Nothing about the license key would keep the Control Panel from running ( as far as I know )...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Denny,

My name is Bryan and I'm Chandler, AZ. I was looking through the S2 posts and came across a post of yours. I'm new this year and very much looking forward to jumping in. I'm looking to do half (48) channels of what you did for your first year. Would love to see a video if you have one.

I have downloaded the demo software and have been trying to get if figured out. I really just need to be pointed in the right direction. A brief understanding of your knowledge regarding the software would be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear from you. Thanks Denny.

Bryan
Chandler

bryanblake wrote:

Hi Denny,

My name is Bryan and I'm Chandler, AZ. I was looking through the S2 posts and came across a post of yours. I'm new this year and very much looking forward to jumping in. I'm looking to do half (48) channels of what you did for your first year. Would love to see a video if you have one.

I have downloaded the demo software and have been trying to get if figured out. I really just need to be pointed in the right direction. A brief understanding of your knowledge regarding the software would be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear from you. Thanks Denny.

Bryan
Chandler

Bryan,

There are several of us in the area, including Chandler. As a matter of fact, we are planning a get together next month and you sure would be welcome to attend and pick all of our brains. Go to our forum at http://www.lightuparizona.com and introduce yourself and you can find out about our get-together also. Welcome to the madness; it's a really fun hobby and you can't beat LOR with a stick. Support on the forums and from LOR are astounding, but face to face meetings and exchanges of ideas and information from other enthusiastic nuts are hard to beat.