Light-O-Rama Forums
gmac

My ENTIRE Christmas Display For Sale CHEAP

11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

The difference is when they are caught on camera it takes the "their word against your word" out of the equation. Big dif between a civil and legal dispute when it comes to theft, vandalism and burning yourself on hot coffee. That's why we have laws.

Nope, the police will say the suspect says that isn't them on the camera. Police will agree, crazy is off the hook.

Drew

1 hour ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

San Diego really sucks so don't move here.  You know lots of traffic, people, GANGS and homeless people on every street corner and trashy beaches.  Plus we're losing our NFL team (not that I care) and the Mexican food here is terrible.....LOL! :rolleyes:

Well look at my "Location", need I say anymore? LOL At least ya'll have a reason for the violence. I absolutely loved San Diego while stationed there in the 80's.

1 hour ago, pikadroo said:

Nope, the police will say the suspect says that isn't them on the camera. Police will agree, crazy is off the hook.

Drew

Well at least not here, but then you have to be prepared for retaliation. After all they do know where you live. Sucks that we even have these types of discussions during festive holidays. 

• Like 1

I'm still laughing at "Your bonfire sucks".....

Gotta be the line of the month.

• Like 1

Display protected by Smith & Wesson, assisted by Mosburg. Security cameras standard.

• Like 1

Look at a couple of other things you could do to safe guard your habit. (A If your home look into some type of driveway alert system. One in particular is made by a company called

Optex USA wireless 2000. This is a wireless motion detector (works very well, however it will pickup wild life) that when triggers will ring inside of the home to alert you someone may

have cross the line for around 150.00. (B Another item is called Ring.com this has been advertised on TV a lot for the last 2 years. It is a wireless two-way audio one-way video intercom

that is motion activated or push the button. When sensing motion in the area you you don't want someone it will pop up on your phone whether home or away you can talk to them along

with see them. You can also capture the video for police to review and hopefully make an arrest. Ba---rds need to remember things don't come cheap and what goes around comes around

and maybe they will get there's when they purchase a home and try to have nice things.    Anyway that's my dollar 375

Just now, manitoutheos said:

Look at a couple of other things you could do to safe guard your habit. (A If your home look into some type of driveway alert system. One in particular is made by a company called

Optex USA wireless 2000. This is a wireless motion detector (works very well, however it will pickup wild life) that when triggers will ring inside of the home to alert you someone may

have cross the line for around 150.00. (B Another item is called Ring.com this has been advertised on TV a lot for the last 2 years. It is a wireless two-way audio one-way video intercom

that is motion activated or push the button. When sensing motion in the area you you don't want someone it will pop up on your phone whether home or away you can talk to them along

with see them. You can also capture the video for police to review and hopefully make an arrest. Ba---rds need to remember things don't come cheap and what goes around comes around

and maybe they will get there's when they purchase a home and try to have nice things.    Anyway that's my dollar 375

My driveway alert system  I can adjust it so that it will not pick up small animals however I do not mind picking up everything. You get used to the speed of the alerts or length of alert and my camera system will also pick up on whatever, I have plenty of time to respond. Mine actually go all the way across my yard.

I will be installing those new LED dimming motion sensor lights. They work similar to what the grocery stores are using in the refrigerated/ frozen food section. As you get close they come on and the get brighter the closer the suspect gets. This will also help my color night vision cameras switch faster.

I'm Sorry you're neighbors weren't feeling the spirit. However, i am interested in some of your gen3 controllers. I am also willing to buy some of your strobes. my email is bilgerlights@gmail.com

No I changed my mind about selling.....I'm going to give it 1 more try

• Like 8

That's the spirit, put a tribute to LEO's on it, get some good attention and support from your community leaders.

If the neighbors don't like it they don't have to listen to it, they can shut their curtains (nosy neighbors) or they can move. An affordable cctv security system )doesn't have to be the best in the world) and prey that it is not a neighbor creating the destruction/ thievery. If it is a video is worth 1000 words. Depending on the destruction cost you can show the culprit (if a neighbor) the video and attempt to resolve it without LEO assistance or just take it to the police. Either way everyone will know they will be caught on camera and it should curtail the problems.

For those that put signs in their yard saying "your lights suck" put subliminal messages in your megatree or matrix saying "yours suck worse". Or make it a competition, start some type of local show wars and have the community vote.  

Best of luck

JR

Thanks for your uplifting comments ..........I also do plan to get a camera for security and maybe a good attorney if needed (LOL) 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, gmac said:

Thanks for your uplifting comments ..........I also do plan to get a camera for security and maybe a good attorney if needed (LOL) 

BTW- there are studies out that show Christmas lights are good for community spirit, confort and can help property values increase within communities. I was reading an article someplace a couple days ago, nit sure which article. But in a quick search I found this article, spread this to your neighbors or community leaders. It's not all about religion.

https://historymatters.appstate.edu/sites/historymatters.appstate.edu/files/christmaslights.pdf

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

Why is this not a 'Hate Crime'.?

Just because your religion is "Let There Be Light", is no reason to ignore this kind of hate.

Gmac... would ya keep your show if i told you i would drive down there and camp out, during your show, in front of your house in my tank ?

"The ultimate vandal deterent"

Theres gota be a way......

32 minutes ago, a31ford said:

Gmac... would ya keep your show if i told you i would drive down there and camp out, during your show, in front of your house in my tank ?

"The ultimate vandal deterent"

Theres gota be a way......

He has decided to keep it.

Great for him and the spirit of the holiday.

You shouldn't have to quit unless you want to. Glad to hear that you're going to give it one more try.  And I think you you should make George Simmons quote "your bonfire sucks" your mantra. :D

Sally

25 minutes ago, sasmuse said:

You shouldn't have to quit unless you want to. Glad to hear that you're going to give it one more try.  And I think you you should make George Simmons quote "your bonfire sucks" your mantra. :D

Sally

George has had some pretty good "choice of words" over the years. Some of them make me die laughing even hours after reading and it comes to my head.

JR

• Like 1

On 1/15/2017 at 9:17 AM, gmac said:

No I changed my mind about selling.....I'm going to give it 1 more try

You've got this!! Don't let the haters get you down. Think of all those who do enjoy the show, and keep doing it so they can have their enjoyment! 

51 minutes ago, Jeffery m said:

Are you still selling display items

10 Posts above yours.

He has changed his mind.

From my understanding GA was like a huge Christmas display flea market last month. Did you miss out or just looking for more?

JR

BTW- big sale pretty soon here on LOR, go to LOR Store and sign up for the e-letter.

Trying to avoid the ever so elusive "edit" button.

JR

do u still have these items for sale and will u break them up

1 minute ago, Jeffery m said:

do u still have these items for sale and will u break them up

I think we convinced him to keep his stuff

JR

ok thanksdo u still have these items for sale and will u break them up