Light-O-Rama Forums

My ENTIRE Christmas Display For Sale CHEAP

gmac

Sorry to hear about this.  So far, I've been lucky and no complaints.  Would you be willing to ship to California?  I'd like to buy four of your controllers.  Let me know if shipping is possible.

Brutal......sorry to hear about your problems!  It's hard for me to say what I would do in this situation.  But some of the earlier suggestions about bonfires, pellets in the rear end a face tattoo that says Louisville Slugger are good starts!

Are you really sure that you want to sell your display, which you have worked so hard on? Or are you acting without thinking about it?

You need to hook up one of those electric fences and lay it out in the yard to look like extension cords and see what happens.  JK.  PM what you're thinking on the Mega Tree Lights

• Like 1

Not that you asked... but I'd be willing to throw $50 your way towards a security camera setup. I'd hate for some f@ckers to cause a great display to go dark. :(

People can really suck sometimes...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, George Simmons said:

You could always torch their house and then stick a sign in their yard saying their bonfire sucks.

A very sad thread, but this line cracked me up.

I have been considering camera's.  This thread is motivating me to consider it more seriously.

6 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

A very sad thread, but this line cracked me up.

I have been considering camera's.  This thread is motivating me to consider it more seriously.

A mix of real ones, dummy ones and loads of signs is the best deterrent.

3 hours ago, EmmienLightFan said:

Are you really sure that you want to sell your display, which you have worked so hard on? Or are you acting without thinking about it?

I've been fighting this crap for a while now and this latest development was the straw that broke the camels back ( It's a saying in our part of the country)  

Can't prove who it was but I have my suspicions .....there have been a few small instances in previous years that I blew off but just can't do it anymore ........Would love to just move but the wife doesn't want to.......

So this is just how it is.........

I can understand that. It's not a one time issue but something that has been brewing for awhile it sounds like.

There is a tipping point, or "straw" that makes us decide enough is enough.

If you can't enjoy the hobby, it's time to think things over. I give you much credit for that.

I hope this thread ends with "The police caught the guy red handed".  With all the real issues in this world, a neighbors Christmas lights are worth getting that upset about?  Do they shine right in your neighbors windows?  Do the people that stop to watch block their driveway?  Do they just not like them?  I don't understand why they would have such a problem that they would go to that extreme? What is wrong with people?

5 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

I hope this thread ends with "The police caught the guy red handed".  With all the real issues in this world, a neighbors Christmas lights are worth getting that upset about?  Do they shine right in your neighbors windows?  Do the people that stop to watch block their driveway?  Do they just not like them?  I don't understand why they would have such a problem that they would go to that extreme? What is wrong with people?

Some people are just plain miserable, to see someone else making others happy just makes them more miserable...to the point of  if I can't please anyone ..neither will you type extremes. Sad but true. This F@cker probably has never been able to make anyone smile or feel joy his entire life and can't stand seeing someone else being able to do it. 

On 11/27/2016 at 2:46 PM, ItsMeBobO said:

We are disgusted sad and frustrated with you!   Sorry you are dealing with this.  Maybe you will get more energy to catch them later. 

Bob, are you saying you're disgusted/frustrated with OP or with OP's neighbors? Your post (though I know what the reality is) made me chuckle lightly. In all seriousness OP, I am so disappointed that neighbors feel so negatively about your display that they must stoop straight down to the lowest level to share the emotions. I may not know how you feel or what the full situation is, but selling your show seems like you're willing to concede to the bully. Maybe you're not invested in this as much as I am, so shutting down your show might be the option you see fit. Personally, if I knew which neighbor was doing this, I'd open up a personal dialogue with them to understand where they come from. Talk to them, learn what their side is, and come to a sense of understanding. Maybe help them start their own show (teach them the components, but have them buy it all). Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said it best, "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can."

16 minutes ago, lightingnewb said:

Bob, are you saying you're disgusted/frustrated with OP or with OP's neighbors? Your post (though I know what the reality is) made me chuckle lightly. In all seriousness OP, I am so disappointed that neighbors feel so negatively about your display that they must stoop straight down to the lowest level to share the emotions. I may not know how you feel or what the full situation is, but selling your show seems like you're willing to concede to the bully. Maybe you're not invested in this as much as I am, so shutting down your show might be the option you see fit. Personally, if I knew which neighbor was doing this, I'd open up a personal dialogue with them to understand where they come from. Talk to them, learn what their side is, and come to a sense of understanding. Maybe help them start their own show (teach them the components, but have them buy it all). Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said it best, "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can."

gmac started this way  "With Disgust, Frustration, and Sadness I post this. "     I echoed his words and sentiment that this is not a good situation.   Nothing confusing about that.  I know the OP and am truly sorry he has to deal with this nonsense.     Someone who cuts wires is not going to be reasoned into starting his own show. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO
typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ItsMeBobO said:

gmac started this way  "With Disgust, Frustration, and Sadness I post this. "     I echoed his words and sentiment that this is not a good situation.   Nothing confusing about that.  I know the OP and am truly sorry he has to deal with this nonsense.     Some who cuts wires is not going to be reasoned into starting his own show. 

Bob, I understand, ... If you read what I wrote after your quote, I was making some light-hearted fun at your phrasing, I knew what you were truly saying. Like I said, I personally would react that way. I wasn't necessarily giving advice because I don't know what it's like to have someone be so vindictive towards me for what I only know is a light show. I know it is a horrifying experience and that I would hate to hear this is becoming popular. I would hate to have someone have to stop all of their hard work that entertains generations of people. Everyone in our community knows how hard it is to not only start a light show like gmac's but to maintain and sustain a growing one. I know it's frustrating and flabbergasting to hear that one of our members has to go dark at this time of the year, I do express my deepest condolences and wish gmac the opportunity to find a proper solution.

As a first timer this year, this really stinks to hear about.  I'm pretty sure one of my neighbors isn't too happy about our new display, but I can't imagine them doing anything like what the OP describes.  I hope things get better...

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

gmac started this way  "With Disgust, Frustration, and Sadness I post this. "     I echoed his words and sentiment that this is not a good situation.   Nothing confusing about that.  I know the OP and am truly sorry he has to deal with this nonsense.     Someone who cuts wires is not going to be reasoned into starting his own show. 

Oh I see.    I meant  'WITH you', while you read 'with YOU'.  doh.   I guess I left out a word to make it 'ALONG WITH you'.    gmac  I was sympathizing if that was not clear.