Light-O-Rama Forums

Copied from my neighbour

Kulstad

After years of watching my neighbour's 144-channel display, I purchased a 16-channel unit this year.  Today, my neighbour gave me a copy of his show (all the SEQ and MP3) files so that I could run it on my system, kind of in sync with his.  However, I am not able to load any of the sequences from his show on my computer (although all of the files are on the SD card).

I know that he created his show using an ADVANCED license for LOR, and I have a BASIC PLUS license.  Will this cause problems on my end of things?  I cannot add any of my neighbour's files using the EASY SHOW BUILDER.

I think I may have figured out the issue, but I'm not 100% certain: My neighbour has a stand-alone LOR controller, whereas I have to run my show from my computer.

As I mentioned, he gave me the .SEQ and .MP3 files produced from the LOR MP3 tab of the Hardware Utility application.  Are the .SEQ files only for use on stand-alone units, and I need the "raw" sequence files for my computer-run setup?

I've been wrong before...But I do believe that you need the LMS files, that's what I send to people for sequence sharing.  

Edited by Need more lights

Why not ask the neighbor to give you a little assistance?  That being said, it might be hard to migrate his 144 channel show into a 16 channel display.

I agree that going from 144 to 16 might be difficult - but it'll just mean cherrypicking the sections you like and putting it into your sequence.

And Need More Lights is right - you need the .lms files in order to look at and use his sequences.  Not .seq files.