Light-O-Rama Forums

Downloading Using Simple Show Builder

erinshaneb

I FINALLY got everything loaded into my old computer and have figured out the Simple Show program and all that..heres' the next question...How do I get sequences I bought into that to add to my SD Card? I have a few that I have downloaded and have NO idea how to move them or where, right now they are siting in "Downloads"..thank you

To use the Simple Show Builder the files must be in the LOR default folder Light-O-Rama/ Sequences, if they are not there the Simple Show Builder will not see them. If you use Show Editor they can be anywhere.

Being new myself I have been assisted by several forum members. Your problem was also my very first problem.

Orville taught me the easy method.

Build the show in the Hardware Utility.

Im assuming you have the sequence(s) and have already ran your music file through Audacity.

1) Open Hardware Utility

2) Select LOR MP3 tab

3) Right hand side select "add sequence" and add to your hearts and SD card content

4) Create show

5) just follow the prompts. If it can't find the MP3 you will just have to either 1- create the directory it is looking for or 2 open in Sequence editor and under the "edit" tab go all the way down to "audio file" and link it there.

Once it is linked it can then be added with the Hardware Utility

Hope this helps, just paying what was shared with me forward.

JR

No I haven't run my music through audacity...what is that ? sigh..this is soo much harder than I thought ! I have downloaded some from a sight that had them for free....once I figured it out I was going to purchase some that came with music...

I think I am in over my head here ! 

Here is what you will need at a minimum to help you get off to a good start. Understand I am new as well (Halloween) but with a lot of help from many forum members here I had a successful Halloween and my Christmas show has been running since Thanksgiving Day.

LOR software (sounds like you have it)

Audacity - Audio conversion software

Lame- Download with Audacity (not sure what this is but it was recommended to me so im passing it on to you)

If you already own the music rights to your mp3's then all you need to do is run them through Audacity. Set it up to save at 128kbps and as MP3. Once you have done this your song should be set. Follow the steps I provided earlier.

You can always follow those steps before using audacity but once loaded it takes Audacity about 30 seconds to complete the task.

Hope this helps you a little and Im sure if I missed something somebody can correct me.

JR