Light-O-Rama Forums

Funny comments from guests

ItsMeBobO

Got a new one which never happened before.   I was outside resetting a GFCI.  The front array of 6 controllers was out so the guest must have seen me out there.  I walk from the outlet to the car and I hear the door locks click loudly.  They thought I was going to try and car-jack them and locked the doors!    

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dcroc said:

"Clapper"......I'm dyin' here!

Anyone else see Deck the Halls with Danny DeVito flipping all those switches, levers, and knobs while his lights were running?  I actually have had people ask me if I get tired by the end of the night, and who covers me during bathroom breaks.

Actually watched it this weekend on DVD and a few times over the year while I'm working on projects.  That is a good scene but for me the funniest is when Matthew Broderick gets taken for a crazy sleigh ride and it ends with him waking up naked under a blanket with Devito......classic!

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

I am amazed how many people do not understand they need to tune in their radio. I have multiple signs up showing the FM channel. 

They think I am just randomly blinking lights and are unaware they are sequenced to a radio station they can listen to.

When I ask "Did you tune in your radio to listen to the lights?" I get a blank stare.

27 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I am amazed how many people do not understand they need to tune in their radio. I have multiple signs up showing the FM channel. 

They think I am just randomly blinking lights and are unaware they are sequenced to a radio station they can listen to.

When I ask "Did you tune in your radio to listen to the lights?" I get a blank stare.

You know that's your fault for using the invisible font.

57 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I am anticipating that this year. It is the first year I am using an FM transmitter.

1 hour ago, Vince4xmas said:

I've experienced that too!  For the past few years, my Tune To signs just said "Tune 101.5".  I built new signs this year that say "Listen to the lights  Tune to 101.5 FM".  Hopefully more people will figure it out.  During the announcement section at the beginning of each show cycle, the frequency gets displayed on the pixel tree also.

WOW... are you guys serious? I should not be surprised by this but wow... just wow.

When i see a sign that says "tune to" my little brain clicks and forces the old hand to the radio dial.

• Like 1

WOW... are you guys serious? I should not be surprised by this but wow... just wow.

When i see a sign that says "tune to" my little brain clicks and forces the old hand to the radio dial.

A few years ago i had a couple in a convertible watching and listening to a different station. I suggested if he tune to my station he could see the lights syncd to the music. He replied indignantly that he liked his station better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

A few years ago i had a couple in a convertible watching and listening to a different station. I suggested if he tune to my station he could see the lights syncd to the music. He replied indignantly that he liked his station better.

I was testing lights last night and my laptop speakers were the only source of music. My daughter pulled in and started cranking up some hip hop crap on her stereo and said "Dad! the lights a synced to this song too!" (face palm)

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Now that's funny.....LOL!

My favorite has to be, "What station do I tune to?"

Me: "It's on the sign."

Couple of years ago someone asked me what the "Tune To" meant. <Insert head banging on a wall here.>

I've had several people stop and ask about my mini trees and where to get them before I even finished decorating.  That magic moment when they realize that I had to wrap all 12 by hand and the enthusiasm disappears. lol

Maybe I should quit worrying about sequences and start the assembly line to sell mini trees!

Edited by Sctiger

On 11/28/2016 at 7:36 PM, Ebuechner said:

Can anybody loan me some blinker fluid I think I ran out.  High definition stuff if you can it works better with the LEDs. 

Just don't use orange extension cords, I hear they use twice the amount of electric as the green ones do!

Gary

10 hours ago, Gary N said:

Just don't use orange extension cords, I hear they use twice the amount of electric as the green ones do!

Gary

No never orange chords during Christmas (it washes out the color of the lights).   only on Halloween where it's okay to have that orange hue.  I found a guy who sells blinker fluid, even the synthetic.

Are you going to have music this year?

(No, I'm going to whistle, sing and clap my hands to the lights and then ask strangers passing by to take over when I get tired)

When are you going to have your lights on, my three daughters keep asking.

I think it was a compliment?  Answered: December 1st, always December 1st.

Overheard before we answered the door at Halloween:  This is the house that over does it at Christmas!

Open our door and said, "So, you think this is the house that over does it at Christmas?  Dead silence from 5 kids standing there. (Must of asked parents to put up lights and instead were told that we are the house that over does it at Christmas.  Out of the mouths of babes.)

Last year about 4:30pm a boy was standing across the street from our house with his Grandparents.  We were outside adjusting our lights, I kept hearing "move", "move" louder and louder.  The little boy thought if he told the lights to "move" they would come on.  I yelled out from the other side of the house, "Not until 6:00 o'clock", then they walked away.

Why are you starting to put up your lights so early?  (from a person who just moved into our neighborhood from China and has not seen our display)

Answer:  It's a big display, you will see why we start so early later on.

Our display is beautifully decorated for daytime viewing too.  When people tell me it looks good, I ask them if they have seen it at night.  Answer:  "No"  

I'm Las Vegas baby, you're missing the light show.

My kids specifically ask to come to your house at Halloween for your goodie bags, they call your house the "Candy House" ( no LOR at Halloween, just minimal decor) 

So, I ask: "Do you come here because of our Christmas display?"  Reply: "No, never seen it."  Answer:  "That is what our house is actually known for."

Facebook is the worst. Facebook seemed like the logical choice moving forward a few years back instead of a web page. Interesting side note, I let my domain go, I had been paying 8 dollars a year, a few months back I was thinking about it, maybe using it again, cost now $4,300. Anyways, back to Facebook, every bit of information you need to view my display is right there, most of the stuff is in the header picture. Every night messages,

"is the display going tonight?",  Answer, no I do all this work to not have the display on every night.

"What time is the display running tonight?", Answer, the times the display is running was 2 inches away from the message button.

"Where are you located?, We have a google map button on the page for petes sake.

Well those are the answers is want to give, unfortunately I am forced to give the polite answer.

• Like 1

New comment I had not heard before 

"Do you get an income stream from this?"   This seems like a business to me.    I said I do charge money for marriage proposals but so far no one has asked. 

On 11/28/2016 at 6:00 PM, Dcroc said:

"Clapper"......I'm dyin' here!

Anyone else see Deck the Halls with Danny DeVito flipping all those switches, levers, and knobs while his lights were running?  I actually have had people ask me if I get tired by the end of the night, and who covers me during bathroom breaks.

That would be something to setup a fake set of switches, levers and knobs one year and act like I am busy controlling all the lights.

• Like 1

Three cars watching for a while tonight so I go outside with candy canes.   This lady was saying amazing ! How do you make it jump like that?   blah blah.  I could hear and see her dial clearly she was not tuned to my station!  I say  the lights are synchronized to the music on 90.1     Quoting " oh yeah  we will get to that in a bit for now we are just watching the lights"    No where to go from there so I  MC&HNY her and move to the next car thinking ...  cant wait to post that one!   She made the news and doesn't have a clue.

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Like 2