Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Summer Sale Announcement! Read more... ×
Light-O-Rama Forums
ItsMeBobO

Funny comments from guests

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Must have been the same person that you posted about on December 8th that was tuned to some other station.

 

Sadly that break cant be given to her.   I had talked with this woman and young son in the front seat when they arrived and were further down the hill.  She took candy canes, gave me the change from her purse and had the radio tuned correctly.   I supposed they could have turned down the radio to watch a video of a song from my website, while they blocked the view.     We had rain last night but it was still very busy. Its much more fun to be the happy greeter than the traffic cop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest:  ...  <a bunch of comments on the display and elements> ...We've been coming to see your display for the past five years.  How long have you been doing the lights?

Me:  This is our eleventh year

Guest:  Oh man, we missed six years of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car pulls up into driveway woman gets out walks up to me says " Hi, do you know where we can go to see christmas lights? I said " I'm sorry, what do you mean?" " where do you go to see christmas lights?" I stood in awe, slowly glanced over to my display 2 feet from me with tens of thousands of blinky flashy color changing lights....and point and say " Uh.....we go there..." she says " oh, that's pretty, but where would you go?".......blank stare......"Uh I go here" would you and your kids like to get out and come watch? "Does it dance with the music?" ( understand I have a pa system outside and we are having to speak loudly to hear each other lol) I guess she finally "got it" and got her kiddos and down about 30 minutes watching the show. Blew my mind. Maybe she didn't notice? Or was looking for another place to go drive by a bunch of houses lol. She did say thank you and they had a good time.

Edited by Kevowatts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight I saw a large pickup truck jammed with people.  The back window went down and I saw a huge bucket popcorn.  It was a family outing like going to the drive in.  Best laugh of the night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:51 AM, gsmith37064 said:

WOW... are you guys serious? I should not be surprised by this but wow... just wow.

When i see a sign that says "tune to" my little brain clicks and forces the old hand to the radio dial.

Im just reading this, you have to remember though, most of these young drivers have never seen a "dial". If its not on their cell they don't know what to do.

I have had people ask me about tuning in while they are parked right in fron of my blue and soft white LED sign, even my best friend retire Marine asked and I sent him atext as well as him parking directly in front of my sign. He replied "oh last time I saw it, it was orange" Halloween!

Too funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:02 AM, Vince4xmas said:

I am amazed how many people do not understand they need to tune in their radio. I have multiple signs up showing the FM channel. 

They think I am just randomly blinking lights and are unaware they are sequenced to a radio station they can listen to.

When I ask "Did you tune in your radio to listen to the lights?" I get a blank stare.

 

Well if you think they are amazed by all of the "non correlated " flashing just wait until next year when they discover the radio.

Yes its Christmas morning and I am still up reading the funny old posts.

Merry Christmas

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Yes its Christmas morning and I am still up reading the funny old posts.

 

Santa's waiting for you to hit the hay JR. He needs to drop off the last of his presents!

Merry Christmas my friend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I went to sleep about an hour before you posted this. You were also right my nest friend brought over 2 more gifts for my boys. Luckily he texted me first because normally someone/ anyone coming down my driveway at 3:00 am wouldn't be very welcomed.

Merry Christmas also. This year we will have to pick each others brains. Franklin is not too far from the Ham. LOL

BTW- I like the lights around your front door. The wife said we could do something similar next year.

 

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This story is quite a few years old, one year when the display was at my parents house it was Christmas Eve, my parents were loading up gifts in their car to head to my aunts for Christmas Eve. Some lady pulls in the driveway, gets out of her car and walks in the house, my mom "excuse me but what are you doing?", "I'm coming in to get my free gifts", "what free gifts?", "the free gifts that your getting", "this is my house, get out". My mom is not what your would call a patient woman. I swear to this day that the lady is lucky she didn't leave with a black eye lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So last night I had this experience that I think takes the cake in running a display for 11 years...

I'm standing next to our donation box, which is right next to a table that has information on it about our Autism charity, as well as a bunch of candy canes and chocolate treats that we give out to the kids...

I'm watching the lights, but out of the corner of my eye I spot this 7 or 8 year old boy walking in my direction from across the street.  I turn to look at him, and I see that he has what looks like a folded up bill in his hand.  I'm guessing his Mom or Dad gave him the money for our donation box...So as he approaches, he is holding out the money in front of him and I raise the lid on our donation box as he gets closer and thank him...He stops about a foot from the  donation box and says "I think I'll keep it" , as he slides the bill into his pocket.  Then he eyes the candy on the table next to me and says, "but I will take some candy"....

I started laughing and said "Really???"  He grabbed a couple of candy canes, turned around, and was walking back across the street...There were some other people nearby, so I didn't say what I was really thinking about him...If he wants the candy that bad, go for it...

Later, I thought he would probably grow up to be the type of kid that would take the tip off the table at a restaurant as the family was leaving....Geez.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, sometimes you just gotta throw up your arms and shrug your shoulder. First and foremost I have to admit we didn't put out a Christmas display this year. But a guy drives past and asks my wife if we're going to do a Christmas show, she says no, he responds that's too bad because I like your Christmas display, but I didn't like your Halloween display this year, although I liked what you put up last year. I looked at her like she was goofy because this years Halloween display was "exactly" the same display as last year. Same songs, same music, same everything. Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randy said:

So last night I had this experience that I think takes the cake in running a display for 11 years...

I'm standing next to our donation box, which is right next to a table that has information on it about our Autism charity, as well as a bunch of candy canes and chocolate treats that we give out to the kids...

I'm watching the lights, but out of the corner of my eye I spot this 7 or 8 year old boy walking in my direction from across the street.  I turn to look at him, and I see that he has what looks like a folded up bill in his hand.  I'm guessing his Mom or Dad gave him the money for our donation box...So as he approaches, he is holding out the money in front of him and I raise the lid on our donation box as he gets closer and thank him...He stops about a foot from the  donation box and says "I think I'll keep it" , as he slides the bill into his pocket.  Then he eyes the candy on the table next to me and says, "but I will take some candy"....

I started laughing and said "Really???"  He grabbed a couple of candy canes, turned around, and was walking back across the street...There were some other people nearby, so I didn't say what I was really thinking about him...If he wants the candy that bad, go for it...

Later, I thought he would probably grow up to be the type of kid that would take the tip off the table at a restaurant as the family was leaving....Geez.....

Well they (parents) start them young these days.

Unrelated to the subject last weekend my 2 sons and their cousin had their bday parties together. We had about 75 people at a local facility where we rented 2 rooms. While we were setting up a 5-6 year old came right in to get a balloon. I asked my wife if she knew the child and she said no. I was going to give him a balloon anyway and send him away but before I turned around he grabbed a party favor bag and ran.

He was too little for me to say anything to him but I kept watched for his parents. Mind you it wasn't about the money, its about the upbringing. At no time in the 45 mins prior to our event did I see any one not even an adult with the child. He just kept wondering around. It is a play place that you have to get through locked gates and they put an IR ink mark on your arm. If a child and adult do not match up, they don't leave.

My thinking is that the parents dropped him off and went Christmas shopping.

It then got busy with our party so I don't have any idea what happened to him. In hindsight I should have kept him at our party so the parents would have had to answer,

I wonder what they would have done if he walked up to them with a party bag he didn't get from them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night a teenage girl by herself had the radio so loud I could clearly hear it inside my house.  This was at 11:20pm and I was concerned about the neighbors complaining.  I made my way outside and walked over and nicely asked her to lower the volume.  She yelled back "I'm just trying to enjoy it!" and drove off after maybe 10 seconds.   Quiet hours were not registering for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother once told a friend that "We have a man that sits in our basement and flips tons of light switches on and off really fast" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been doing this in one way or another for a long time.  10yrs.. not at first with LOR... when I discovered this... pure glee.  But I had those MIDI players etc...  

So, last year, I am ramping up to my first RBG show... and doing like many years, ramping up my halloween and  Christmas display.

My daughter after watching me wiring, soldering, programming for months, every evening... comes up to me and says:

"Dad... can we just have normal lights this year?"  

I of course am confused by the question, that I could have a Judas in my ranks... I ask... "You mean like a few lights on the roof? No music, no Fun stuff?"

She said "Yeah those other houses lights are really good."

I am putting 10 floods in her window this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Septon said:

I have been doing this in one way or another for a long time.  10yrs.. not at first with LOR... when I discovered this... pure glee.  But I had those MIDI players etc...  

So, last year, I am ramping up to my first RBG show... and doing like many years, ramping up my halloween and  Christmas display.

My daughter after watching me wiring, soldering, programming for months, every evening... comes up to me and says:

"Dad... can we just have normal lights this year?"  

I of course am confused by the question, that I could have a Judas in my ranks... I ask... "You mean like a few lights on the roof? No music, no Fun stuff?"

She said "Yeah those other houses lights are really good."

I am putting 10 floods in her window this year.

Depending on her age and/or belief you can tell her what I tell my lil ones when they ask “why it takes a year to put up lights”? My reply. “ if Santa can’t see the house flying over he won’t leave anything under the tree”.

the top of my CCR tree is in their br window.

At 5 and 7 they really don’t have a good concept of time on the big scale.

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×