Light-O-Rama Forums

Funny comments from guests

ItsMeBobO

Opening night and I already have funny stories to tell.   

1)  "That has to be done with a computer or something"

2)  "How much does all that cost?"

3) "Why dont you do x, x, or x?"

4) "I have been a fan all my life!"  (mom says 8 years old)

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

2)  "How much does all that cost?"

About $20...

I had this question asked many times during Halloween.

Edited by gsmith37064
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gsmith37064 said:

About $20...

Ya! per string! Hahahaha!

$20 bucks.....Ok....x 200 or so...

I always get the questions "does it cost a lot to run?"

"how did you do that?"

6 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

How do you time the lights with a radio station? (I always tell them I own the station ;))

That's a good one! Can i see the Elves running it mister?

It never fails....."How do you get the music on the radio?" Every year I get a few that are fascinated with the fact that I have the music over the radio.  It is probably the oldest tech involved in the entire thing, and THAT is what bewilders them?

Another one I get from the same neighbor every year when I start putting this stuff out a week after Halloween......"Come on!  It's way to early for that, isn't it?".  Yup, you're right.....I will just wait till the day you put up the 2 strings of lights on your one bush every year.  How much more time could I need than you? I take the neighbors cookies every year for putting up with my hobby. I skipped him this year. I'm waiting for the stupid quesion: "Why didn't you bring me any"

• Like 2

Yeah, the music on the radio is bewildering to most.Last night someone messaged me on Facebook asking if we were on I Heart Radio.

Edited by dougd
  • Like 2

Yup you caught me, I'm out here flipping switches to the beat of the music every night. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Need more lights said:

Yup you caught me, I'm out here flipping switches to the beat of the music every night. 

don't you use dimmer switches like me;) .    

I heard a rumor that Mega Arch uses a Clapper .

Clap on

Clap off    

• Like 2

I believe there is a little man living in the fridge turning the light on and off..........and one day I'll catch him.

On 11/27/2016 at 8:32 AM, Dcroc said:

It never fails....."How do you get the music on the radio?" Every year I get a few that are fascinated with the fact that I have the music over the radio.  It is probably the oldest tech involved in the entire thing, and THAT is what bewilders them?

I agree with the radio bewildering.  I had a neighbor up the street ask if I was sponsored by the radio station.  I said "Sure am......100% sponsored!  The call letters for the radio station and the sponsor is W-I-F-E."

Edited by B.Y.R.G.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, robongar said:

I was asked last year. Do you have a special cable from your lights to the USB port? Could I get one from BestBuy?

Well, yea there is - there's just a few extra pieces along the way :)

3 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

don't you use dimmer switches like me;) .    

I heard a rumor that Mega Arch uses a Clapper .

Clap on

Clap off    

"Clapper"......I'm dyin' here!

Anyone else see Deck the Halls with Danny DeVito flipping all those switches, levers, and knobs while his lights were running?  I actually have had people ask me if I get tired by the end of the night, and who covers me during bathroom breaks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Well, yea there is - there's just a few extra pieces along the way :)

I have 4 cables coming from USB ports.  However, I am an "expert".  Don't try this at home.

1 hour ago, Dcroc said:

I have 4 cables coming from USB ports.  However, I am an "expert".  Don't try this at home.

Oh, so  you're using that new 4 in 1 flux capacitor set up, thats got to be better than the clapper...Mega, are you hearing this?  

Can anybody loan me some blinker fluid I think I ran out.  High definition stuff if you can it works better with the LEDs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Need more lights said:

Oh, so  you're using that new 4 in 1 flux capacitor set up, thats got to be better than the clapper...Mega, are you hearing this?  

I couldn't get the clapper to work. I opened a ticket here, but haven't gotten a response yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

I couldn't get the clapper to work. I opened a ticket here, but haven't gotten a response yet.

I have switches and a dance dance revolution foot pad....I get my cardio work out that way...need to burn off those holiday calories you know.  

23 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

That's because your not a Platinum or Gold member  :-)

• Like 2