Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
ItsMeBobO

Funny comments from guests

Recommended Posts

Opening night and I already have funny stories to tell.   

1)  "That has to be done with a computer or something"

2)  "How much does all that cost?"

3) "Why dont you do x, x, or x?"

4) "I have been a fan all my life!"  (mom says 8 years old)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

2)  "How much does all that cost?"

About $20...

I had this question asked many times during Halloween.

Edited by gsmith37064
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gsmith37064 said:

About $20...

 

Ya! per string! Hahahaha!

$20 bucks.....Ok....x 200 or so...

 

I always get the questions "does it cost a lot to run?"

 "how did you do that?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

How do you time the lights with a radio station? (I always tell them I own the station ;))

That's a good one! Can i see the Elves running it mister?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It never fails....."How do you get the music on the radio?" Every year I get a few that are fascinated with the fact that I have the music over the radio.  It is probably the oldest tech involved in the entire thing, and THAT is what bewilders them?

Another one I get from the same neighbor every year when I start putting this stuff out a week after Halloween......"Come on!  It's way to early for that, isn't it?".  Yup, you're right.....I will just wait till the day you put up the 2 strings of lights on your one bush every year.  How much more time could I need than you? I take the neighbors cookies every year for putting up with my hobby. I skipped him this year. I'm waiting for the stupid quesion: "Why didn't you bring me any"

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the music on the radio is bewildering to most.Last night someone messaged me on Facebook asking if we were on I Heart Radio.

Edited by dougd
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Need more lights said:

Yup you caught me, I'm out here flipping switches to the beat of the music every night. 

 don't you use dimmer switches like me;) .    

I heard a rumor that Mega Arch uses a Clapper .

Clap on

Clap off    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe there is a little man living in the fridge turning the light on and off..........and one day I'll catch him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2016 at 8:32 AM, Dcroc said:

It never fails....."How do you get the music on the radio?" Every year I get a few that are fascinated with the fact that I have the music over the radio.  It is probably the oldest tech involved in the entire thing, and THAT is what bewilders them?

 

I agree with the radio bewildering.  I had a neighbor up the street ask if I was sponsored by the radio station.  I said "Sure am......100% sponsored!  The call letters for the radio station and the sponsor is W-I-F-E."

Edited by B.Y.R.G.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robongar said:

I was asked last year. Do you have a special cable from your lights to the USB port? Could I get one from BestBuy?

Well, yea there is - there's just a few extra pieces along the way :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

 don't you use dimmer switches like me;) .    

I heard a rumor that Mega Arch uses a Clapper .

Clap on

Clap off    

"Clapper"......I'm dyin' here!

Anyone else see Deck the Halls with Danny DeVito flipping all those switches, levers, and knobs while his lights were running?  I actually have had people ask me if I get tired by the end of the night, and who covers me during bathroom breaks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Well, yea there is - there's just a few extra pieces along the way :)

 

I have 4 cables coming from USB ports.  However, I am an "expert".  Don't try this at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcroc said:

I have 4 cables coming from USB ports.  However, I am an "expert".  Don't try this at home.

Oh, so  you're using that new 4 in 1 flux capacitor set up, thats got to be better than the clapper...Mega, are you hearing this?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Can anybody loan me some blinker fluid I think I ran out.  High definition stuff if you can it works better with the LEDs. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Need more lights said:

Oh, so  you're using that new 4 in 1 flux capacitor set up, thats got to be better than the clapper...Mega, are you hearing this?  

I couldn't get the clapper to work. I opened a ticket here, but haven't gotten a response yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

I couldn't get the clapper to work. I opened a ticket here, but haven't gotten a response yet.

I have switches and a dance dance revolution foot pad....I get my cardio work out that way...need to burn off those holiday calories you know.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dcroc said:

I couldn't get the clapper to work. I opened a ticket here, but haven't gotten a response yet.

That's because your not a Platinum or Gold member  :-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a new one which never happened before.   I was outside resetting a GFCI.  The front array of 6 controllers was out so the guest must have seen me out there.  I walk from the outlet to the car and I hear the door locks click loudly.  They thought I was going to try and car-jack them and locked the doors!    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Dcroc said:

"Clapper"......I'm dyin' here!

Anyone else see Deck the Halls with Danny DeVito flipping all those switches, levers, and knobs while his lights were running?  I actually have had people ask me if I get tired by the end of the night, and who covers me during bathroom breaks.

Actually watched it this weekend on DVD and a few times over the year while I'm working on projects.  That is a good scene but for me the funniest is when Matthew Broderick gets taken for a crazy sleigh ride and it ends with him waking up naked under a blanket with Devito......classic!

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am amazed how many people do not understand they need to tune in their radio. I have multiple signs up showing the FM channel. 

They think I am just randomly blinking lights and are unaware they are sequenced to a radio station they can listen to.

When I ask "Did you tune in your radio to listen to the lights?" I get a blank stare.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

I am amazed how many people do not understand they need to tune in their radio. I have multiple signs up showing the FM channel. 

They think I am just randomly blinking lights and are unaware they are sequenced to a radio station they can listen to.

When I ask "Did you tune in your radio to listen to the lights?" I get a blank stare.

 

You know that's your fault for using the invisible font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×