Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing props from Visualizer

alaskastudio

I am new to PE and am trying to follow along, but I dont know where I am going wrong. When I am in visulaizer I can see my whole display and lets take my CCR Tree for example. On the fixtures tab in VIS I can see all 12 CCR's, and when I click on the props tab I see it as one prop called CCR Tree 1. However when I import this into PE it sees the VIS prop as a group, and each VIS fixture as a prop. Which in turn means when I try to do a snowfall effect on my CCR Tree it shows as huge blocks (about 10x10 pixels). Any help would be appreciated.

Now a little rant. I cant figure this out for the life of me, and dont know why LOR is insisting on making each new software into its own program that wont talk correctly to the rest. I am trying to finish up a few songs for my display this year, but after 7 years of using LOR and watching it seem to go downhill more each year, unless something drastically changes I will be switching to xLights next year. Yes LOR has added new features, but they have not stayed up on what features people want, and keeping there software as a packaged suite. It is all over the place and not even close to intuitive. 

So after still trying to figure it out and following this (http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/UsingVisualizerWithPixelEditor-RevA.pdf) tutorial I am even more confused. When I follow that tutorial the snowfall effect works fine. I cant see what is different is between my props and the sample prop in the vis program. I attached my vis file in case you wanted to take a look.

Main House 2016 (simplified).lee

3 hours ago, alaskastudio said:

Now a little rant. I cant figure this out for the life of me, and dont know why LOR is insisting on making each new software into its own program that wont talk correctly to the rest. I am trying to finish up a few songs for my display this year, but after 7 years of using LOR and watching it seem to go downhill more each year, unless something drastically changes I will be switching to xLights next year. Yes LOR has added new features, but they have not stayed up on what features people want, and keeping there software as a packaged suite. It is all over the place and not even close to intuitive. 

You are exactly correct. There will be big improvements in the next major release. We demonstrated some of them on the show floor at Expo this year.

43 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

You are exactly correct. There will be big improvements in the next major release. We demonstrated some of them on the show floor at Expo this year.

Glad to hear! Please tell me some of it is advanced layering similar to xLights and more of an all in one solution! Is there an ETA on the release for an open beta?