Light-O-Rama Forums

Fused 4A fused PixCon output 16

Antonio

n advance thank you for your cooperation, I will place you in the problem that I have. I am a teacher of an educational center in Spain I have acquired a controller Pixcon 16 E1.31 to control a matrix of 34 x 30 pixel, this makes a total of 1020 pixels distributed in 6 outputs of said controller.
I made the program through the pixel editor light Rama and then sequenced it with The ShowTime Sequencing Suite (S4 Pro), so far everything is correct, the problem I have is that when I start the sequence, after 15 seconds the fuse of the 4 A output fuses, I have tried on several outputs and it does the same.
At the output I connected you to test a string of 100 pixel led 2811 sandevice bought in ali expres, according to the characteristics of the controller says that you can connect up to 170 pixel.
Please could you advise where the problem may be Thank you, sorry I do not know if it is in this forum where I can raise this problem.
Thank you so much

The problem is that the Pixcon can drive 170 pixels per output without any trouble, but it can't power that many. 170 pixels in full white will draw about 10 amps (that number will vary a lot depending on the pixels). Do a search for power injection. The other option would be to re-arrange the pixel strips so that you are using all (or most) of the outputs. For example, it looks like you are using five rows of 34 pixels per output. If you change that to two rows of 34 pixels per output, that would require 15 outputs with 68 pixels per output which would keep the fuses from blowing.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

I pick up your recommendation and use the 15 exits, Thanks for the help.
Matrix would be of the following form:

Matrix.pdf

When configuring the 15 channels of the Pixcon 16 controller would have to change:
Number of pixels at 68?
Zig-Zag at 1?
Group 1 to 15?

Zig-Zag.pdf

I apologize for the inconvenience but it is the first time that I use this driver and as you can see I'm getting started on it.
Again I convey my thanks.