Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving channels in SE/channel config

zvacman

Probably a stupid question with a simple answer. I know I can move a channel up or down one slot at a time, but is there a way to move them say 30 or more positions at a time? I have 5 sections of my roofline being fed by 5 different controllers scattered all over the place. To ease in sequencing it sure would be nice to have all of the roof elements clustered together. Also, again another stupid question. I know I was able to shorten songs in LOR last year to get rid of the 10 or more dead seconds at the end of songs in order to keep the show moving but it is escaping me at the moment how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Z

Be very very careful moving channels around. Sometimes moving channels will screw with your sequencing especially if you move large amounts of channels. It is highly recommended that you leave all the channels alone on the master track and create a second track. You can move all the channels around in the second track without it affecting the master track. Whatever sequencing you do in the second track will also be sequenced in the master.

Phil, thanks, that was a snap. Mr. P, thanks for the warning. I figured I could try it and undo anything if I had unfavorable results. The channels and sequencing moved without any issue.

Thanks again, Z

55 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Be very very careful moving channels around. Sometimes moving channels will screw with your sequencing especially if you move large amounts of channels. It is highly recommended that you leave all the channels alone on the master track and create a second track. You can move all the channels around in the second track without it affecting the master track. Whatever sequencing you do in the second track will also be sequenced in the master.

What he said.    

If you move channels in one sequence..   you will have to make the exact same moves in all your other sequences.   Make backups for when you need them.

Edited by ItsMeBobO