Light-O-Rama Forums

All Lights shutting off randomly then catching back up

SparkChaser

I need some help.  Randomly in the songs all the lights shut off for 3-8 seconds. Then they will come back on.    This happens 1-2 times a song and not at the same times.   It's like the whole show stops for those few seconds.   I'm running 9 gen 3 controllers.  I have tried two different USB rs-45 network adaptors.   I have checked all cat 5 cables and tried a different one to controller 1.   I'm out of ideas.      This is my 6th year using the same setup.  Nothing has changed this year other than my laptop has updated to windows 10.     Any Idea's?    I ordered all new Cat 6 cables today so I plan on just replacing them all when they arrive.   

I just spent the last 2 hours loading everything on an old XP laptop and my problem is gone.   No more blackouts durning the show.  

So now I need to figure out what is wrong with the computer I've been using the past 6 years.    I knew I should not have updated it last month.    I only use that one for LOR.  I had Win 10 on it before the show started last year.  I turned it off in January and didn't used it again until October.  I updated windows, and put on the latest version of LOR and now it doesn't work.     

I ran into something similar to this and it ended up being an animation sequence that was loaded in the show editor and I had it set to turn off the light at the end of each sequence. Therefore when it was done playing the animation even if it was in the middle of the actual sequence all the lights were shut off until they receive new commands from the sequence.  I'm not sure if this is the same or not but it's worth looking at.

Edited by alaskastudio

• The topic was locked