Light-O-Rama Forums

So new it hurts

Mscannic

So hubby purchased LOR and I'm supposed to be the programmer!  HA!  He wants me to shorten the time between songs (one minute of nothing) on the preprogrammed SD disk that came with the mini director.  I've tried a few things and can't figure it out.  I'm in show editor/animation(and even tried musical) and go to open the files and they don't show up so I guess it wasn't created as a show.  I can see the files in the sequence editor and even see how they were programmed.  But I can't figure out how to shorten the time between the songs.  I'm sure it's simple and I'm just not getting it since I'm just starting out and there is a lot to learn! 

Install the S4 software.  Run the Sequence Editor for the first time.  Let it finish installing and register it.  (if you have not yet done that)

On the SD card you have is an EXE (an application).  Run it.  That will extract the source sequences for what is on the plug n show SD card and put them into your LOR data directory.

Use the Simple Show Builder.  Rebuild your show without the filler sequences.

Thanks - that gave me some basic info but I will say to help others perhaps, once you are in the simple show builder, I had to select the Mdc-mp3 icon and then I could arrange the songs and then make sure to save it to the right scan disk (I used the usb jump drive that came with the show player and put in the sd card).  Then you select the songs you want in the order you want (ps the one minute of silence does move the lights and it is pretty cool but I didn't know that til I had already changed it out).  Then you get something that asks for the "drive (ie c, d, e) that the sd disk is on and you then write to the disk.  Make sure you select the right one - I had two jump drives and wrote to the wrong one...Then plug it in and play it. Thanks again for the info to get it started!