Light-O-Rama Forums

Out of 20 sequences, 4 are showing channels acting erratically.

SantaLudy

I have operating LOR controllers for years.  When I would normally have an issue, it would be because of configuration, network, Cat-5 or COMM port issues.  This time I can't put my finger on this issue.  Out of 20 sequences, 4 of them are showing erratically from some of the controllers.  Why would the rest of the sequences work fine, but when these 4 show, that I am having this issue?  Is it an audio file (using Mp3) or something hidden in the channel configuration that I can't see. 

A little history here.  I am using a new gaming computer this year and transferred everything over.  Of course it took some time to configure everything.  But why would 4 of the sequences not function correctly when they use the same hardware? 

ANY suggestions are welcomed. 

SantaLudy

When some work and some don't, usually tends to be an issue in the sequences themselves.

Did you import your channel config files to all sequences the same?

Have you ran them all through the verifier?

Good luck.

I ran the verifier and found one file attached to my Superstar sequence that was from an old file.  That was the only issue that I seen out of all the sequences. 

I am not sure if the configuration I upgraded to each sequence is the SAME.  How can I visually see what configuration that is in each one, without attempting to load each one up with a Configuration that be my issue?

6 minutes ago, SantaLudy said:

...........I am not sure if the configuration I upgraded to each sequence is the SAME.  How can I visually see what configuration that is in each one, without attempting to load each one up with a Configuration that be my issue?

Boy - good question. I don't have the easy answer. The hard one is to take a look at each channel individually. Good news is you say 16 ran fine and another you've figured out, so only 3 sequences are not cooperating. So start with channel 1, hover mouse over then name, verify it's unit 1, channel 1,  and then move to the next.

Or, again since only 3 to fix, export channel config from a good one and import it into one of the bad ones. SAVE WITH A DIFFERENT NAME. That way you don't jack-up the sequence if it wasn't a programming issue.

Yes, it is a good question.  I was just searching for a road less traveled, to get a quick visual.  I have been doing that, but because of it being daylight hours, it is difficult to see what is actually going on with the various lights, until sundown. 

I have noticed on a couple of the sequences under the SE, that when I transferred the sequences over to the new computer that the Superstar row still has the file from my other computer.  Instead of using one that I have revised with and saved with the new computer and saved the intensity file under that file location.  Well, I will see tonight if that is the issue.  I just cant imagine anything from a Hardware or Software being the issue, SINCE the other 16 sequences are working fine. 

It has to be that Santa has been over worked setting everything up with the new computer crashing and having to reload Windows 10 back up, then reload all back up files onto new computer.  SOMETHING had to go wrong with all the changes. 

Thank you for your quick response and assistance.

24 minutes ago, SantaLudy said:

Yes, it is a good question.  I was just searching for a road less traveled, to get a quick visual.  I have been doing that, but because of it being daylight hours, it is difficult to see what is actually going on with the various lights, until sundown. 

I have noticed on a couple of the sequences under the SE, that when I transferred the sequences over to the new computer that the Superstar row still has the file from my other computer.  Instead of using one that I have revised with and saved with the new computer and saved the intensity file under that file location.  Well, I will see tonight if that is the issue.  I just cant imagine anything from a Hardware or Software being the issue, SINCE the other 16 sequences are working fine. 

It has to be that Santa has been over worked setting everything up with the new computer crashing and having to reload Windows 10 back up, then reload all back up files onto new computer.  SOMETHING had to go wrong with all the changes. 

Thank you for your quick response and assistance.

Good luck. I know with 20 songs you've poured your heart into it. Post a video or so when you have time.

Load your sequence and then open the channel configuration. It will display all your channels.

Should give you a quick look and may be a lot easier then looking at each channel one by one.

I think I would save the channel config from a known good sequence and then import it into the 4 problem sequences to eliminate that possibility.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:09 PM, Robert4 said:

were you able to find out how to correctly sequence the face. I currently have the same set up and problem. I am new and do not know how to sequence the face, but can do the lights to music. if so please share...

I have narrowed down the main issue, but working out how to resolve it. 

It appears that that a few of the SuperStar sequences that I loaded into Sequence Editor has something out of sync with the compatibility to the SE.  When I remove the sequence from SE, then save the file and run it, it appears all is normal.  Once I load up that SS sequence back into SE, then it is causing a configuration issue with the channels.  If and when I get resolution, I will post.

21 hours ago, SantaLudy said:

IT appears that the SuperStar program is causing the issue.  I can remove the SS sequence from the Main Sequence Editor and the problem appears to go away.  The issue that is concerning is that it only happens on a few of the sequences and not all.  DOES anyone have any thoughts about what the interference is that is causing this?  I am exhausted and tired. 

Thanks for any ones support in this

Santa Ludy

46 minutes ago, SantaLudy said:

IT appears that the SuperStar program is causing the issue.  I can remove the SS sequence from the Main Sequence Editor and the problem appears to go away.  The issue that is concerning is that it only happens on a few of the sequences and not all.  DOES anyone have any thoughts about what the interference is that is causing this?  I am exhausted and tired. 

Thanks for any ones support in this

Santa Ludy

Start a new sequence in SE for the song you want. Open the SE sequence from exported SS. Copy and paste the channels SS/SE to the new SE.