Light-O-Rama Forums

4th of July - Independence Day Show?

javerill

I'm planning to do one this year. I only have one song sequenced so far. I am going to make a 4x8 flag and have 64ch running it (one for each stripe, one for the field, and one for each star), plus another controller to have sections on a flag pole (sort of like the leaping arches...except they will go straight up the pole, plus flood lights to light up a flag at the top of the pole.

I will post video once it is all up and running, but I don't expect that to happen for a few more months. Maybe a preview show for Memorial Day.

I'm planning to do one this year. I only have one song sequenced so far. I am going to make a 4x8 flag and have 64ch running it (one for each stripe, one for the field, and one for each star), plus another controller to have sections on a flag pole (sort of like the leaping arches...except they will go straight up the pole, plus flood lights to light up a flag at the top of the pole.

I will post video once it is all up and running, but I don't expect that to happen for a few more months. Maybe a preview show for Memorial Day.

• 1 month later...

I got a show in design but its mostly fireworks for music. I'm hoping to sneak in a bunch of lights into the finale as well just to floor the crowd. I get goose bumps just thinking about the cheering crowd!

I've got one planned. Made a 4x6 flag with 6 rope stars, 3 each side a total of 21 channels, 13 stripes, field, and stars. I have 8 songs sequenced so far and want to do at least 4 more maybe more but I plan on doing things like the Gettysburg Address and Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance in between shows.

Last year I did a 4th of July dislpay... patriotic music, a 18x8' flag made of about 4400 lights, 21 channels. Lots of work in the heat of the summer. Well, the sun doesn't set until about 8:30 here that time of year, so it gets dark at around 9:00, and then you turn your lights on... for what? Not that many people still out at that hour (little kids are already asleep), so you have the lights on for like two hours a night, for maybe a week. Hmmmm. For me, it was not worth the effort. I will still do my light cannons this year (red, white and blue gels over flood lights aimed at my tree trunks in the front yard,) but no sequencing.

D.T.

Clark(I saw your nickname on your website)

I used 1/2" plywood and actually took the dimensions from an actual 4'x6' cloth flag including the size of the stars. Bought the paint at Lowes. Used 50 bright white LED's for the stars and 100 blue regular mini lights for the blue field. 1/2" standard rope light for the stripes. I'll post some pictures.