Light-O-Rama Forums

Our first LOR Christmas

Susie

We did our first display with 16 channels and before I was finished with the first sequence, we knew that would never be enough. However, being on a budget, that would have to do. Had to promise my husband that we could do more next year (He may possibly need LOR rehab).

Anyway, we dove into this thing full force with no knowledge (on my part anyway) of how to sequence the lights to music. I THINK:? we did okay, considering what little we knew. Of course, there were a lot of lessons learned that will be implemented this year. The important thing is we have a blast doing it, the neighbors love it, and our kids say we have too much time on our hands.

Here's the link to our videos. The camera wasn't the best but you can get a general idea. Would appreciate any input!

http://youtube.com/user/gene4952:P

I don't think you will have any problems, other than "the addiction." You and your husband should be proud of your accomplishment. Looks very good.

Susie,

That is a very tastefully done display!

You and your husband did a great job with it and you can tell that a lot of effort was put into getting the timing perfect.

I would be very proud of that also!

Mark

Glad to see someone post a video of a 16 channel display.

I hope 2008 will be aniamated for me. I am saving up to buy 16 or 32 channels. I think your display looks great and I am very excited now.

Thanks guys! Your input is greatly appreciated. Timing was a big issue for me so I'm glad to hear that it was okay. I'm working on 2008 sequences now. 32 CHANNELS. I'm so excited!

We wanted to see if less can sometimes be more. Susie put many hours into the programming (and re-programing... lol). I've seen some very large displays and it was sometimes hard to pick out what was being animated.... and all Susie needed was one "good job" and she was beaming. That came the night we turned them on and a few children in the neiborhood clapped at the display.... then she turned out 4 more songs rather quickly... lol. She's definitely got a good eye for this. Take time with your programing and you can have a beautiful display even on a budget. Glad you enjoyed it Bryan... you'll enjoy making your's come to life. Maybe Susie will help you with one...
Gene :)

Guest wbottomley

JimCanfield wrote:

I am also going with 32 channels this year. Cannot wait to see what you did with yours!

And you all have it so easy!

I wish I had only 32 channels to program. :)

I think you did a wonderful job Susie!

2006 was the first year I did an animated display using 16 channels of LOR because I wasn't sure I needed more than that.
Sure enough, for 2007 I went to 64 channels and now for 2008 I'm planning on 96 channels. This is like an addiction! :P

Good luck in 2008!

John wrote:

... This is like an addiction! :D

Good luck in 2008!

Dear admins: something's wrong with the forum software. It inserted the word "like" in John's post. :)

And bravo for your show Susie! You got a lot of milage out of those 16 channels. The detail in the timing is amazing and an inspiration.

When I first started looking at the animated lights displays and seeing the number of channels that some are using, I never believed that our little 16 channel display would make an impression. You guys have all disproved that belief. I love this forum! I'm not embarrassed anymore that we only had 16 channels. Your compliments are awesome. Thank you very much!:):D:D

Susie wrote:

When I first started looking at the animated lights displays and seeing the number of channels that some are using, I never believed that our little 16 channel display would make an impression. You guys have all disproved that belief. I love this forum! I'm not embarrassed anymore that we only had 16 channels. Your compliments are awesome. Thank you very much!:):D:D

That is good to know Susie. I am starting this year with only 32 channels and feel rather inferior. I only hope mine are close to yours.

• 7 months later...

Great job on the first year. This is my first year and it has been a long one. Set upp a web page, programming(a lot of hours)(8 songs), build props and sets. Oh did I mention i am programing 208 channels. I know I went nuts. Good luck with this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Great job, I am new and working on my first, Hope I get results like that, You both did a wonderful job, I would love to do that song but right now tring to get through TSO Sleigh Ride. I bought 3 for 48 channels for my first year and I am pulling what I have left of my hair out. Good Luck to you on further sequences.