Light-O-Rama Forums

pixel16Dv2

Hammo131

Hi guys,

I have just brought 3 pixel16d V2 and they arrived to day. I have followed the instructions, but none of the 3 units I have are all coming up as unknown units. I am not sure if I have to upgrade the firmware or not. I have tried another computer and the same result, unknown device. 

I have looked at Youtube and the help FAQ, but appear to be stuck...

I am using ws2811 pixel lights from Ray Wu aliexpress store.  The Board's LED is constant on and look drivers are current. 

I was hoping that I would be up and running but, not the case. 

Regards

Hammo

lol1.PNG

The devices are supported in release 4.3.16 - you have 4.3.14.  I suggest that you also confirm your license level of Basic will support what you intend to do.

Thank you basis21b. That worked. Now If I can 4 strings of lights to work. At the moment when I use SE, I can only get the 4 pixels of the 1st string to work.... I think I might have to upgrade to a better license.

There is a bug in ver 4.3.16 that doesn't allow Pixie Controllers to be added to Sequence Editor correctly. A work around can be found in this thread

Basic is only good for up to 2 unit IDs.  Your Pixie16 requires 16 all on its own.

You need to upgrade to at least Advanced, or possibly even Pro to use the Pixel Editor.