Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums
scottam67

CCBs Not Working this year

Recommended Posts

Hoping someone can help me out.  I have (4) CCB controllers that I have been running in my display since 2013.  I fired up the same show as last year  to check what's working, and everything is working fine, except the CCBs.  Again, using same sequences/show that worked fine last year.  

CCBs are on their own Auxiliary high speed network, same as last year.  LOR locates all four devices in the Hardware Utility.  All 4 have power.  Two are replacements, so two had version 1.18 firmware and two had version 1.21 firmware.  I updated the older two and now all 4 are on 1.21.  

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not tried mine yet.  I have updated the LOR software but not the CCB Firmware.  They worked fine last year.  I will be having a dry run Friday night and I will see how things go!

This is the first year I will be running the show off a PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Verify what comm port is being assigned for the USB adapter that you are using for the Aux network.  Windows is famous for changing comm port numbers on USB devices.  My general advise is to open the Windows Device Manager and look at serial ports.  To be sure you are looking at the correct adapter, while looking at the device manager, unplug the adapter.  You should see one of the comm ports go away.  Then plug the adapter back in.  You should see a comm port number come back.  That is the correct comm port number to use.  Then check your Network Preferences to make sure that is the correct comm port for that particular network.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Verify what comm port is being assigned for the USB adapter that you are using for the Aux network.  Windows is famous for changing comm port numbers on USB devices.  My general advise is to open the Windows Device Manager and look at serial ports.  To be sure you are looking at the correct adapter, while looking at the device manager, unplug the adapter.  You should see one of the comm ports go away.  Then plug the adapter back in.  You should see a comm port number come back.  That is the correct comm port number to use.  Then check your Network Preferences to make sure that is the correct comm port for that particular network.

 

That was it.  Windows actually assigned my Aux A comm to the regular network and Aux A no longer had a comm assigned to it.  

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad that helped. Like I said, Windows is famous for that. Not as bad as it used to be, but it still happens from time to time.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...