Light-O-Rama Forums

what is longest song length allowed in sequence?

medman2000

I thought I remembered this being answered before but not finding it now.

I'd like to put in about 4 hours of music all combined into one file, to allow an easier control of my DMX lighting using LOR.

For a small friend's wedding, I was originally asked to just put some of my LED DMX fixtures along the walls for a nice wash, and that's it. Just straight purple. They aren't hiring a DJ, and just running MP3 songs during and then after dinner for a casual basement reception.

I'd love to be able to use LOR to just change the DMX lighting mode between each song if nothing else, and if time allows (the wedding is this Saturday March 15) maybe even a few effects during some of the songs.

Anyway, I've received some general advice on PC forums, but for LOR looking for the relative group expertise in terms of length of file maximums?

medman2000

Mountainwxman wrote:

If you're using the MP3 director card, it's only 10 minutes.

I'd be using my high-power laptop and the regular LOR release, running it with the iDMX like I might at Christmas time, but instead of 3 or 4 separate sequences each 3 minutes long, it would be one 4-hour sequence (using audacity software or similar to just combine the songs one after another).

I could potentially split it into 4 1-hour sequences too, would just be easier to do the biggest allowed.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished an aggressive animation for a stage play using 32 channels that was 1:03.55. I was using my laptop to power it, so the 10 minute limit wasn't an issue. I really don't know how long is too long, but what I had worked.

Peace

Chuck

Didn't I see written by Dan at one point a nuisence (sp) issue when a musical sequence was set for 55 DAYS in length????

(Kinda makes "In-a-gadda-da-vida" by Iron Butterfly seem short!!!)