Light-O-Rama Forums

Corrosion in older CCB contacts

ItsMeBobO

This year I am using a spray corrosion inhibitor.    I am extremely happy with this stuff so far.  There was a big green moldy looking growth on a long cat5 which came right off. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO
typo

Bob, Was anything wrong with your CCB's that caused you to use the CorrosionX? I noticed one of my CCB strings only lights up 35 pixel and am curious if this could be an issue. My CCB controllers are 3 years old.

No I bought the corrosionX because my many Cat5 ends get dirty when they touch the ground during setup.  Also just sitting in buckets in the shed for 11 months.  If you put them into a controller dirty you are really risking it. 

Create a help ticket for that and see what they say they can do for you.  I have one brand new CCB string which started doing that tonight too.  My guess is that something like strain caused pixel 36 to go bad.  Doubtful it will ever work again for the last 15.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

No I bought the corrosionX because my many Cat5 ends get dirty when they touch the ground during setup.  Also just sitting in buckets in the shed for 11 months.  If you put them into a controller dirty you are really risking it. 

Create a help ticket for that and see what they say they can do for you.  I have one brand new CCB string which started doing that tonight too.  My guess is that something like strain caused pixel 36 to go bad.  Doubtful it will ever work again for the last 15.  

I reset my controller and now it is working fine again. Of course, it was the controller in the hardest place to get to. When in doubt, reboot I guess, lol.

Edited by robigd

• The topic was locked