Light-O-Rama Forums

preview file?

bobschm

How is the preview info saved in PE?

I have Xmas eve sarajevo on my show computer and had to make a change to a prop. I saved that as a preview with a new name. Now I want to transfer that preview to my programming computer, so I copied every file of xmas eve sarajevo to a thumb drive and then onto the programming computer. When I load the sequence into PE on the programming computer, it comes up with the old preview file. Why didn't the new preview follow? Do I need to import it? How?

11 hours ago, bobschm said:

How is the preview info saved in PE?

I have Xmas eve sarajevo on my show computer and had to make a change to a prop. I saved that as a preview with a new name. Now I want to transfer that preview to my programming computer, so I copied every file of xmas eve sarajevo to a thumb drive and then onto the programming computer. When I load the sequence into PE on the programming computer, it comes up with the old preview file. Why didn't the new preview follow? Do I need to import it? How?

The previews are stored in the LORPixelEditorData,xml file inside the Pixel Editor File Copy that whole Pixel Editor file to your new computer and you should be fine. The sequence if it doesn't see another preview will import the original preview with the sequence. That way you don't have to rebuild the preview when transferring or sharing a sequence.

SPaschall

• 10 months later...

I'm having the same problem.  I am doing my programming on my laptop.  Saving it to a thumb drive.  When I transfer the Thumb drive to my other computer, and open it up I lose all of the updated preview information.  It automatically reverts back to the previews that are already on that computer and not the one from the thumb drive.  The newly saved preview that I made on the thumb drive doesn't even come up as an option.  Anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks,

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 7:59 AM, Dennis75 said:

I'm having the same problem.  I am doing my programming on my laptop.  Saving it to a thumb drive.  When I transfer the Thumb drive to my other computer, and open it up I lose all of the updated preview information.  It automatically reverts back to the previews that are already on that computer and not the one from the thumb drive.  The newly saved preview that I made on the thumb drive doesn't even come up as an option.  Anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks,

Dennis

same here- did you resolve this?

Thanks, Cin-