Light-O-Rama Forums

Exporting - Color balance

drmoon68

I have a Pixie16 device. I have been playing with SuperStar and watching the videos from the Tutorials. It noted that on Export from Superstar, if the Color Mode is set to Balanced in Configuration Setup, then in Sequence Editor, white should appear pink. That does not seem to the case for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, using the method to copy from the SUP exported sequence into an exiting sequence, should I be adding a device of Pixie16 or a set of Common Color Ribbon (or Bulb)? In using a Pixie16 device, the paste gets messed up. But setting up 16 devices of Common Color Ribbon, the paste matches up correctly. Etherway, white comes across as white, not pinkish as the video mentions. 

Thank you.

The video tutorial is old. You don't see it in the video tutorial but the configuration dialog box in the newer releases have an option at the top for "cool white" or "warm white". Most CCRs are "cool white" and if you have "cool white" selected then when you export white it will look pink in the sequence editor.

Most CCPs are "warm white" and if you select "warm white" and do the export then white will look white. Look and see if you have "warm white" selected in the configuration dialog box and if you do then that explains why you are not seeing white export as pink.

As for the paste problem, actually I have only recently discovered the same thing. In the sequence editor there is now a "Pixcon16" device. It is nice because you just give it the unit ID of the first port (or ribbon) and it assigns unit IDs to all the remaining ribbons. But if you try to paste from several lines of CCR devices into the Pixcon16 device the paste does not work properly. So if you want to do copy/paste from a file exported by superstar then you have to define things the old way using multiple lines of CCR devices.

Thanks. Will the copy and paste issue be fixed in future releases? You mentioned the Pixcon16 whereas I am using the Pixie16. I guess the only difference is PixCon supports DMX. I know the Pixie16 is new and there are things to work out.

Thanks. Will the copy and paste issue be fixed in future releases? You mentioned the Pixcon16 whereas I am using the Pixie16. I guess the only difference is PixCon supports DMX. I know the Pixie16 is new and there are things to work out.

I expect the copy/paste issue will be fixed in a future release, but that probably won't happen until next year. Myself and everyone at LOR are swamped with customer support right now.

Also, next year there are plans to develop S5 and in S5 superstar will be integrated in a way that you will not need to do copy/paste anymore.