Light-O-Rama Forums

Making Sure Pixels Run In My Sequences.....

chowell

Just making sure I understand what I read previously.  All I have to do to make sure the Sequence Editor runs the Pixel Editor during my show is to have saved my pixel editor files as intensity data files and store that file in the same directory as my regular LMS file?  LOR will automatically run the associated pixel editor file?  I don't have to load any special file in my show list inside the sequence editor?

Thanks in advance.

Corey

On 11/22/2016 at 10:07 PM, chowell said:

All I have to do to make sure the Sequence Editor runs the Pixel Editor during my show is to have saved my pixel editor files as intensity data files

That is correct...

But here are a few other things to check:

1) the Pixel Editor (and intensity data files) can only drive *enhanced* LOR networks (ELOR) and DMX networks (USB or E1.31).

1a) If you have a pixel controller (Pixie or PixCon16) on an ELOR network, in LOR Network Configuration you must be in Advanced mode (grid view) and the Enhanced column in the grid must say "enhanced" for the networks used by Pixel Editor props.

1b) If you are using DMX, the DMX universes must be defined in LOR Network Configuration.

2) In order to control lights from the Pixel Editor or the Sequence Editor, the LOR Control Panel must be running and all shows should be disabled - the light bulb icon in the system tray should be red.

3) All controllers on an enhanced LOR (ELOR) network must have the latest firmware and be listed as ELOR compatible on this page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

• Like 1

I have a question regarding the Enhanced LOR option.  I programmed a bunch of sequences using the pixel editor.  When I tried to use them, they did not work.  I found this thread so I changed all of my networks to the enhanced,  I checked and made sure that they were compatible based on the link above, but once changed, nothing worked. I do have a pro license.  On the regular network I have 10 standard LOR controllers, on the A network I have 6 cosmic color ribbons, on the B network I have 6 cosmic color ribbons (about three or four years old).  I have done more searching and I am guessing that I need to update the firmware?  Please confirm.  Also, can I do this while they are hooked up or do I have to do each box separately.  I would only do the CCR's now and wait until after the season for the 16 channel units.  Also, unrelated, I am running two alphapix controllers but I don't know how they are working because my Ethernet card I am using for the E1.31 connection has failed and I cannot get one until Tuesday.  Thanks for your help.

OK the answer was already on this page.  Yes, to run PE effects the firmware needs to be updated.  I downloaded the update and then I was able to update each controller while they were daisy chained together using the hardware utility.  Thanks.