Light-O-Rama Forums

IDMX1000 issue

Laser Voodoo

Hello and i have an issue that i can really use some brainstorming on. 

I just got the idmx1000 a few days ago . i really only need one channel for snow machines for my application.  I cant seem to get the dmx up and running. It wont even let me dowload the firmware. Grrrr so frustrating. Someone please have a kind heart and if you think you can help me i would appreciate it so much . thank you

7 minutes ago, Laser Voodoo said:

Hello and i have an issue that i can really use some brainstorming on. 

I just got the idmx1000 a few days ago . i really only need one channel for snow machines for my application.  I cant seem to get the dmx up and running. It wont even let me dowload the firmware. Grrrr so frustrating. Someone please have a kind heart and if you think you can help me i would appreciate it so much . thank you

More info please. What license level do you have? You need advanced or higher for DMX. If you have the appropriate license level are you running anything else DMX? If not have you enabled allow DMX editing in the preferences menu?

Z

Since the IDMX is a protocol converter that converts the LOR protocol to DMX I would not spend time manipulating DMX preferences.

How are you powering the IDMX?

What is the address of the IDMX? (If left at the default of E0 you will want to make sure to adjust the Hardware Utility to search for addresses in that range)

What does the Hardware Utility tell you about the firmware release presently on the IDMX?

Screen captures of what you see in the Hardware Utility with the IDMX attached would help move things along.

Thank you for replying. First thing is first , i got the pro version upgrade if that changes anything . 

I got all the firmware downloaded for IDMX1000 . actually there is several listed for it.

In the preferences its set to basic dmx since i will only be using this to trigger snow machines this year.

The IDMX1000 is powered by12v adaperter but  Its also plugged/daisy chained from the serial port of the 15ch LOR box. Here is the daisy chain.

Computer - 15CH LOR box- IDMX1000- snow machine

As far as the software goes , it seams like its in there , but its not doing anything dmx. Hmm i dont know........