Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing ramp/fade length

Paul B. Anderson

While doing fades up or down, if I find that it doesn't start, end, or peak at the right time, is there a way to grab the start or end "point" (if viewing fades as ramps), and s-t-r-e-c-h it out longer without redoing the entire ramp? Or if you have a fade up, then down, can you grab the peak and swing it left or right? I know it somewhat works by grabbing the time line and moving it, but the other events on other channels in that track are affected.

Another ? - I have upgraded to the LOR II just prior to the release of S2 and so far, have not had any issues with anything. Is it nessessary to ugrade at this time again?

There are many others here who are greater authorities than I am, but it seems to me that you're trying too hard. Why not just resize the ramps? Or, if it doesn't fit in the timing of the track, divide that specific event into however many sections you need to make it fit?

George Simmons

Ramps: No, you cannot drag them larger or smaller. You can cut and paste. However, as George points out, its really just as easy to redo the ramps. Using the ramp fade button makes them a little easier to see. Keep in mind that the lights will turn off well before 0. If you have your controllers, might want to plug one in with some lights to get the feel.

LOR 2. If you have 2.0.14 there is no need to dowload again. The official S2 (with licensing) has not been released yet. Might as well wait.

George Simmons wrote:

There are many others here who are greater authorities than I am, but it seems to me that you're trying too hard. Why not just resize the ramps? Or, if it doesn't fit in the timing of the track, divide that specific event into however many sections you need to make it fit?

George Simmons

Yeah, I suppose maybe I am trying too hard. I am a bit of a perfectionist. I do have controllers hooked up and am running it indoors; so I find myself adding events, playing and checking timing, moving, checking, adding, checking.....