Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-mp3 issue

Laser Voodoo

Hello can someone please help me figure this out? Pleeeeeeease ....

I just got the g3-mp3 two weeks ago. I still have an issue that lor help is not really helping me much  with. 

Issue:

I go to drop my completed shows and schedule from my computer to the 8g chip that was included. Its written by putting it into a flash drive looking stick into the usb in my computer. After writing it , i take it out , put it into g3-mp3 and it plays the lightshow but no sound to any of it. Why am i not getting sound ? Any ideas . please i appreciate any help on this . thank you.

After writing your sequences, do you play them on your computer to insure that the sound and lights are together?

Do you save the sequence after proofing the sound/lights.

Is that the same sequence that you use to put together your show.

One item, you can't move the MP3 file after saving the sequence, or it will not be included in your show.

These are some of the simpler cures. Good Luck.

Make sure use the "eject" option to make sure the files get flushed.

You can also look on the SD card and confirm the files are there, and play the MP3 files to confirm they work.

Make sure your audio cable works too!

I didn't see a direct reference to it, so I'll ask the less obvious...are you taking the audio feed from the MP3 1/8" jack on the controller?  Check your cables well.  A quick test with a pair of computer speakers plugged into it will tell you if the player is producing audio

I just lit up my show over the weekend and it worked almost flawlessly (except for a thump in the audio when initiated).

Double-check everything philnuffer and wbaker suggested.  I'm a relative noob to this myself and I've found plenty of times when I've had the "DUH" moment while sequencing or setting up.  My most recent was figuring out why my show times weren't working...there's a world of difference between the MP3 unit displaying  "7:09" and "7:09." (the period after the 9 indicates 7PM)!

5 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

View the content on the SD card as each show should have an MP3 file loaded on the SD card

...and each one is playable as a regular MP3 file.

Another thing I just noticed.  You said you "dropped the sequences" on to the card.  Were these specifically written to the card from the LOR software, or did you just do a windows copy of the files?  That may make a major difference in how the controller interprets the files.

Personally, I used the Hardware utility / LOR MP3 tab to build the show and schedule it.  I actually had 2 different cards; one for the tree lighting ceremony which was externally triggered (when they flipped the switch), and then did a second one for the hourly shows that run through December 31st.

If you did the windows copy, use the Hardware utility and try it.  It does work well!

• Like 1

So those computer speakers are going to be used for your show?  Or are you using a separate audio cable to connect something else to it when your show is running?

If sound comes out of the speakers, then it's not a SD card/MP3 file issue.

You have to use the Hardware Utility to program the SD card.  Configuration files are written in addition to your show files.

9 hours ago, philnuffer said:

After writing your sequences, do you play them on your computer to insure that the sound and lights are together?

One item, you can't move the MP3 file after saving the sequence, or it will not be included in your show.

Thanks for your reply.

-Yes, i tested the saved show.

-yes same sequence used to build show.

- it will have many speakers used but i am testing it with headphones.

9 hours ago, philnuffer said:

Thank you for replying.

Yes it works after saving and yes ill be using a speaker system but im testing with headphones.

4 hours ago, wbaker4 said:

Make sure use the "eject" option to make sure the files get flushed.

You can also look on the SD card and confirm the files are there, and play the MP3 files to confirm they work.

Make sure your audio cable works too!

Thanks

2 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

View the content on the SD card as each show should have an MP3 file loaded on the SD card

Thank you ill look into this more. I am pulling the sound off a thumb drive on the computer. Do you think this could be an issue?

1 hour ago, keyboards said:

I didn't see a direct reference to it, so I'll ask the less obvious...are you taking the audio feed from the MP3 1/8" jack on the controller?  Check your cables well.  A quick test with a pair of computer speakers plugged into it will tell you if the player is producing audio

I just lit up my show over the weekend and it worked almost flawlessly (except for a thump in the audio when initiated).

Double-check everything philnuffer and wbaker suggested.  I'm a relative noob to this myself and I've found plenty of times when I've had the "DUH" moment while sequencing or setting up.  My most recent was figuring out why my show times weren't working...there's a world of difference between the MP3 unit displaying  "7:09" and "7:09." (the period after the 9 indicates 7PM)!

Thanks so much for replying

1 hour ago, keyboards said:

Another thing I just noticed.  You said you "dropped the sequences" on to the card.  Were these specifically written to the card from the LOR software, or did you just do a windows copy of the files?  That may make a major difference in how the controller interprets the files.

Personally, I used the Hardware utility / LOR MP3 tab to build the show and schedule it.  I actually had 2 different cards; one for the tree lighting ceremony which was externally triggered (when they flipped the switch), and then did a second one for the hourly shows that run through December 31st.

If you did the windows copy, use the Hardware utility and try it.  It does work well!

Thank you . i enjoyed your reply as this is for a tree im doing in the town plaza . good idea about the 2 cards. Last year i just used the utility tests for the count down. I like the 2 card idea.

1 hour ago, wbaker4 said:

So those computer speakers are going to be used for your show?  Or are you using a separate audio cable to connect something else to it when your show is running?

If sound comes out of the speakers, then it's not a SD card/MP3 file issue.

You have to use the Hardware Utility to program the SD card.  Configuration files are written in addition to your show files.

It will be a wire connection to a speaker system. I am testing it using headphones.

Thanks for replying. Its appreciated greatly

• 1 year later...

Had a similar problem with my G3-MP3 controller and thanks to this thread....problem solved.    I had no idea the hardware controller included a LOR-MP3 tab. , I was able to correctly set my clock with the system generated file and presto, my sequence started as expected.  Plus you get granular control which isn't an option in Simple Show Builder.   Thanks, Keyboards.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I could help...well, I didn't really, outside of the fact that  it gave you a hit on your search terms!!  Happy Programming!!