Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights work w/ Hardware Utility but not shows?

stawski88

Hi. 

Running new version or LOR. Have two controllers and several musical sequences. I can turn on and off lights for controllers using hardware utility but not from show/schedule. 

The show has several musical sequences and when I enable shows I can hear the music from my FM transmitter but the lights do not turn on. 

Cant do show on demand. Tried creating new show not using the easy show creator - added and removed startup and shutdown, at a loss.

thanks in advance for the help!!

jason

Do the lights come on when running the sequence from  Sequence Editor?     Maybe your channel config or Network settings are not the same as those you selected from Hardware utility. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO

When I first started I had the same problem. I received a lt of hl from Orville d a few others.

Bottom lineup from, I was directed to create my shows in the Hardware Utility in the MP3 tab, problem solved. Also sandisk cards do not work well in mini director.

Just now, dibblejr said:

When I first started I had the same problem. I received a lt of hl from Orville d a few others.

Bottom lineup from, I was directed to create my shows in the Hardware Utility in the MP3 tab, problem solved. Also sandisk cards do not work well in mini director.

I tried creating in hardware utility but not sure how to get them to play. Set the schedule and saved sequences/show in SD. Still no lights. Only when testing

1) Hardware utility

2) LOR Mp3 tab

3) Rght Side- add sequence

4) Create Show

If there are any errors between sequence and mp3 you will get a pop up and have to move the MP3 o the correct location. That's my prob,i have MP3s al over but I manage

Best of luck

*** And what Santas Helper Tom says. I forgot I did have that happen once

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Just now, Santas Helper said:

Are you closing the HU when playing sequences thru SE? You can't have both running if this is the case.

Yes

If HWU finds the lights on COM4   you should see in LOR Network settings your REGular network is set to COM4

Edited by ItsMeBobO

4 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

If HWU finds the lights on COM4   you should see in LOR Network settings your REGular network is set to COM4

HWU Com3, Network Config LOR set to Com3, same issue

7 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

1) Hardware utility

2) LOR Mp3 tab

3) Rght Side- add sequence

4) Create Show

If there are any errors between sequence and mp3 you will get a pop up and have to move the MP3 o the correct location. That's my prob,i have MP3s al over but I manage

Best of luck

*** And what Santas Helper Tom says. I forgot I did have that happen once

JR

Tried again - no change. 

1 minute ago, ItsMeBobO said:

ok  now in your sequence you want to play.   Are the lights assigned to the REG network?   Channel Config tool. 

All channels are set to regular network. 

Tried creating now show in HWU with the old firmware button checked. Received error "control array element 2 doesn't exist"

17 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

If you're running S4, do you have the Control Panel (and therefore the Comm Listener) running?

The Control Panel was running. I tried enabling schedule, and from the log it appears to be executing the show as planned. Only music plays - the lights do not respond. 

Unit IDs didn't match what was in the controller. 

Thanks for everyone's input and help!!

My CPU keeps crashing while trying to run shows (it's really old). I am using a new computer but HU can't find the comm port with the 485B. I need the latest version but the website to download it sucks. Anyone have a direct link?

Thanks!