Light-O-Rama Forums

looking for a someone to help setup my display

Willballz

I just purchased 6 ccr from LOR  I also purchased 6 flood lights and a 16 ccr mega tree from holiday coro  i am looking for someone to come over or talk me thru it over the phone from cradle to grave on this project  Since its so late to learn programming I am just going to buy sequences. I would be willing to pay for your time. please call me at

513-349-0039

will moore

Edited by Willballz

I really think it would maybe take an jour or two.  I already built my 20' tree and installed 6 ccr on peremiter of house and have all wires connected and setup  all i need is a few hours of comouter time to get me started

Purchased sequences still have to be revised to fit your layout.   Same with free ones for that matter.     Do you have your visualization complete with all the unit ids and channels?  

I have found that nothing in this hobby take 1 or 2 hours. :)

Since it's getting kind of late, might concentrate on the mega tree.  Have you checked out all of Holidaycoro'svideos on the tree kit?  Several deal witht controller setup and managing sequences.    Believe HC also had an additional purchase feature  for more intensive support from HC.

While you can buy and import 16ccr sequences, you'll be on your own for sequencing the floods and CCRs.  Again, probably too late for this season but down the road, you could try to find "shared" sequences that could help build your outline CCR.

Again, all this stuff takes time.  Many of us spend hours, days and weeks, just researching, exploring and practicing before any light ever goes on.

I agree I have been researching forever and finally got the lights and I did find that holiday sequences.com actually sells RGB sequences for my ccr's. Because it's getting so late I might just focus on the mega tree and make that the only thing I'm doing this year however I would like to hook up the six CCR's that are outlined on my house I know this stuff takes longer than a few hours but if I have all my lights hooked up all the controllers hooked up and my Cat5 cable run inside my house to my computer I really just need once it's hooked up there how to load a sequence and run it on my lights I'm a little bit confused about the tree floodlights and the CCR ribbons from light O Rama if they will all work together on one Cat5 cable

Yes the 6ccrs and floods will work all on the same network.   You will have one LOR adaptor  with one Cat5 running outside to one CCR controller.   Another Cat5 connecting each one and to the CMB24 for the floods. The order of this daisy chain does not matter so use the shortest route.    If the 6CCRs for the house have already been hung, are the controllers connected to them and protected from the weather?   If you have not already done so you will need to set the Unit id for each CCR controller.

Also the mega tree will also be able to be daisy chained?  i havent received the mega tree kit yet from holiday coro, getting it tomorrow.  i already set unit ids for the 6 ccr's that i have.  with the tree it comes with a alphapix E1.31 16 channel controller, the flood light package  comes with a Dumb RGB 30 Channel DMX Controller / Decoder / Screw Terminals / DIP Switch Addressing / CAT5 & XLR DMX Input Plugs / 60 Amps.  Are you saying all of these different controllers will be daisy chained together?
clear1x1.gif

All of the LOR controllers can be connected together.  The HolidayCoro stuff will be DMX.  You will need a separate DMX only Network.  Do not mix the DMX and LOR controllers.  They use different pins on the CAT5 cable.

To use DMX you must have advanced LOR licensing as well.

So, you will need 2 cat5 cables coming out of your computer...1 to the LOR network.  1 to the DMX network.  And you will need LOR advanced level of licensing.

I already have the 500k high soeed dongle from LOR. will i need a seperate dongle for the dmx  if so where do i get thst from?  i bougjt the S4 pro  will i need higher license than that

DO NOT plug the Alphapix controller into the LOR USB adapter. You WILL fry the adapter. The Alphapix will need to go through a switch then plugged into the Lan line port on your computer.

So will I need to but a cat5 switch then plug a cat5 cable in to my computers ethernet port and then plug the alpha pix into one of the cat5 ports on the switch?

Also just received the alphapix controller and the lights are reversed

I just plugged in all the lights and plugged the controller in to power.  I entered test mode but the lights are coming on in the wrong order.  

1 static black is off
2 static red is displaying Blue
3 static green is displaying Red
4 static blue is displaying Green
5 static yellow is displaying Purple
6 static purple is displaying Cyan
7 static cyan is displaying Yellow
8 static white is displaying White
9-24 is displaying colors according to the colors above.  

Any Ideas

Now that i have my alpha pix i have got everything working  in test mode  i have now gone to a web browser and typeed 192. 168. 0. 50

And that brought up my settings screen on my Alpha pixcontroller the question I have is it has these default settings in the controller

SPI OUTPUT 1-16

DMX START UNIVERSE all has 1

DMX START CHANNEL all has 1

PIXELS CONNECTED  all has 340

Do these settings need to be something different

Did you buy the HolidayCoro "Megatree Kit"?  If so it includes free initial setup as part of what you purchased :)

There are also configuration guides on the HC website, as well as videos on his YouTube channel.

Each of my pixel strips is on its own universe (so for example you would change your DMX START UNIVERSE to be 1, 2,3...16).  Also change all PIXELS CONNECTED entries to 50

Not surre why the reference to DMS.  Isn't the Alpapix an e1.31 controller?  If so, all the ccb's and flood (using cmb24d) would can be cat5 daisy changed vis tghe usb port and adapter.  The Alphaix would run off of a cat5 from your computer's ethernet port.

Don't remember the OP mentioning that they have a cmb24d.  If not, would take some time to build a complete cmb24d controller..so floods will probably have to wait until next year.  Believe the alphapix has that non-e1.31 outlet (what ever the proper term is) and might be possible to run floods off of that but might take additional hardware?

Again, maybe just concentrate on getting the mega tree going this year. Do take advantage of support form HolidayCoro.  Trying to do more this year will probably just fustrate everyone.

How do i get free initial setup  what number do i call .  i did change it to 1-16 and changed the pixeks to 50 each ccr.  i thought i got free end to end setup but nothing in the box stating that or where i contact anyone fir that help