Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't re-open files in pixel editor

PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE

I have many songs programmed in the pixel editor, saved and that play with the sequence editor as lid (light intensity data files).  HOWEVER, when I try to reopen those files in the pixel editor to make changes, it opens with the wrong preview file and my previously programmed pixel data is gone.  Did anyone else have this problem?  I still have the original lid file but I want to make changes and additions to enhance the show.  Now I'm afraid to try opening any more files as even my multiple backups open this way.  It had to have been saved properly to generate the lid file.  I suspect the problem is in the re-opening of the files.

Help if you can as time is running short to my show. Thanks

Edited by PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE

Thanks Phil, I changed the preview to the original but the original pixel data is gone.  Is there a way to work backwards from the lid file, since that plays with all the original data apparently intact.

I downloaded the latest version of the LOR suite and it wiped out all of my Previews.  That turned out to be a blessing since it made its own default preview and I got my data back from my stored files.  Smiling big :-). Apparently it can work backwards because the message I got said it retrieved that prop preview data from the file.

A backup copy of your preview is stored in the LPE file. If you send your PE sequence to a friend or your PE master preview file gets lost/corrupted, then the sequence can still be loaded - as you discovered.

Matt