Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB Colors Domt Match Sequence

Afilocamo

Hey guys!

Im using superstar to create a sequence for my CCBs, I export to Sequence editor, but when I play the sequence on my physics lights, my lights are showing colors that I did not sequence at all. 

For example, part of my sequence has all of the lights changing colors in rapid fashion, red, green, white, repeat, but when the colors change between the 3 I see some lights will briefly turn Yellow, Blue and other colors. It's almost as if the command is not reaching the lights fast enough. Is there a way I can fix this? When it gets to the more complex portions of my sequence, my house looks nothing like what I imagined. 

Thanks!

If you have the colors fade from one color to another then they have to pass thru other colors to get there.

Example: If you have blue fading to green then you will briefly see yellow as the controller is turning on yellow to get to green. 

You have to figure that all the colors are created by percentages of red, green and blue.

If you want to fade say red to green without any other colors briefly showing then you will have to fade from red to black to green.

I hope this makes sense to you as this is the easiest way I can explain it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Afilocamo said:

Hey guys!

Im using superstar to create a sequence for my CCBs, I export to Sequence editor, but when I play the sequence on my physics lights, my lights are showing colors that I did not sequence at all. 

For example, part of my sequence has all of the lights changing colors in rapid fashion, red, green, white, repeat, but when the colors change between the 3 I see some lights will briefly turn Yellow, Blue and other colors. It's almost as if the command is not reaching the lights fast enough. Is there a way I can fix this? When it gets to the more complex portions of my sequence, my house looks nothing like what I imagined. 

Thanks!

Are you sure the CCB's that you are using are RGB, as opposed to BGR or some other combination of RGB? What kind of controller are you using? Just for grins go to your set up page for the controller and mess around with the color order. Also, how far from the controller are the strings? You might need to put a null pixel in to up the signal strength. Lastly, have you put a meter on your power supply to make sure you are outputting 12 or 5 volts respectively?  I haven't experienced any of the transition colors that were previously mentioned, but I'm sure it's possible.

Z

You have to export the legacy channels from SuperStar not just the RGB data.

CCBs have a few extra control channels that need to be included.  I made the mistake once of not including them - yikes!!!