Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie16

cdlouke

I have a Pixie 16 I just bought and trying to get up and running. Updated the firm ware and got lights to work fine in hardware manager. Now when I play my sequences, only the first six bulbs are reacting in each strand. I have 16 strands of 50. Is something wrong in the sequences or could it be a power issue. This is my first try at using pixels so any and all help is very welcome.

Charley 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

check your channel configuration in sequence editor

Ok I believe that is correct. My Pixie controller is configured as unit 4 circuit 1-16. So where it should be firing also on lights 7-16 I am getting nothing.

Charley,

According to what I read on this page http://store.lightorama.com/pismpico2.html (Pixie16 Description) it needs to have 16 Unit ID's assigned.

pixie16.png

As an example

String 1 would be on the AUX A network with a base Unit ID of 10
String 2 would be on the AUX A network with a base Unit ID of 11
String 3 would be on the AUX A network with a base Unit ID of 12
String 4 would be on the AUX A network with a base Unit ID of 13
etc.
etc.
String 16 would be on the AUX A network with a base Unit ID of 20

The unit runs from one network, but each string is a different Unit ID #

I have one on order and it should be here soon, and that's how I have setup all my visualizer files, both for superstar and Pixel Editor.

Alan...

Edited by default
speeling :)

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:49 PM, default said:

Charley,

According to what I read on this page http://store.lightorama.com/pismpico2.html (Pixie16 Description) it needs to have 16 Unit ID's assigned.

pixie16.png

As an example

String 1 would be on the AUX A network with a base Unit ID of 10
String 2 would be on the AUX A network with a base Unit ID of 11
String 3 would be on the AUX A network with a base Unit ID of 12
String 4 would be on the AUX A network with a base Unit ID of 13
etc.
etc.
String 16 would be on the AUX A network with a base Unit ID of 20

The unit runs from one network, but each string is a different Unit ID #

I have one on order and it should be here soon, and that's how I have setup all my visualizer files, both for superstar and Pixel Editor.

Alan...

Ok let me see if I am understanding this correctly. I have 3 CTB16PC controllers and one Pixie16 controller. So within network preferences would I assign Com3 to the CTB16PC boards and Com4 to the Pixie controller????

I guess I am flat out lost

Sorry for the confusion, my post was directed toward your sequences. More on that later.

What I understand you have done to this point is to update the firmware. What component(s) did you upgrade the firmware on. Only the Pixie16? If so, I would recommend checking your 3 CTB16PC controllers and ensuring they all have the latest firmware also. (This probably has nothing to do with the Pixie16 issue but at least we can rule it out and it's always wise to have the latest firmware installed)

Have you downloaded and updated to the latest Beta release of S4 software? It was updated to version 4.3.16 to add support for the Pixie 2/4/8/16 See below for the post.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/41596-light-o-rama-version-4316-released-as-an-open-beta/

Are you having this issue with the Pixie16 when it is Daisy chained thru your other 3 controllers?
or are you having issues with the Pixie16 when it is directly to the PC by itself?

Do you have the Pixie16 on it's own network? or is it sharing a network with your other 3 CTB16PC controllers? It would be in your best interest to run the Pixie16 on it's own network. I assume you are running your 3 CTB16PC controllers on a regular LOR network. The Pixie16 is capable of pushing so much more data over the network and really should be on it's network connected with a (red) Hi Speed USB-RS-485 connector. These answers will determine what settings you should be using for Network Configuration.

What USB-RS-485 connector(s) are you using? the (red) hi-speed or older style?(non-red) for the Pixie16? have you updated the drivers for those also? drivers on this page below (near the bottom) http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

Are you using Superstar? Pixel Editor? or just the Sequence Editor?

What License do you have for LOR Software, you can do a License Lookup here http://www1.lightorama.com/software-license-retrieval/

If you are using Superstar, how many Pixels are you licensed for? Are you exporting in Legacy format or Intensity Data? Licensing for Superstar is based on the amount of channels you wish to sequence for. Your Pixie16 has 16 strands of 50 Pixels each. 16 X 50 = 800. 800 X 3 (R-G-B channels) = 2400 channels total. If you have questions about this contact the Help Desk and they will help you determine where your at and if you need to upgrade. If you are not using Superstar, I would highly recommend getting it, it's well worth the money in my opinion.

I am assuming that because you have 3 other CTB16PC controllers that you have a handle on setting up networks and Unit ID's in Visualizer. This is what my above post was referring to. When you setup your Pixie16 in Hardware Editor, you will assign it 1 Unit ID number, the Pixie16 will then automatically assign 15 more Unit ID's for each string. You will not see this anywhere, you are suppose to remember that. Does that make sense? Be sure to write it down somewhere, because it will matter as you add more components in the future. This is an example of how I keep track of what my entire show setup is. At a glance I can tell all the info I need. As long as I keep it updated :)

LOR%20Comm%20Ports1.png

In Visualizer, you will need to setup you Fixture Properties like the examples shown below. Each string will have to be assigned it's own Unit ID. They will all run be assigned the same network, but for each string the Unit ID will increase by 1. Make sense? Feel free to PM me for email address and you can send you Visualizer file to me and I can look at it.

string1.png

string2.png

If this is your first steps into the world of Pixiels, then it can seem overwhelming. It's really not that bad once you understand it.

Without your input to the questions above I and people on the Forums can only provide you guesses as what the issue(s) may be. I watched a thread that went on for 2 pages with everyone stabbing in the dark as to answers, when it turned out to be a firmware upgrade issue.

Truth be told, the UPS dude, literally just delivered my 2 Pixie16's 10 minutes ago. After months of waiting, I got lots to do. :blink::D I'm not going to bail on you, I just want to have clear understanding what's going on. It will help get you up and running quicker and I can tinker with my Pixie's :)

Alan...

I work days, west coast, so my post will generally be in the evenings.

Edited by default

Ok I got all the strings to work in the HU. I was under powering the board with just one 32 amp power supply. I added another 32amp  to the other side and it works fine in the HU.

My problem now is figuring out how to get this in to my sequences that I have already built for my three CTB16PC . I very naively thought I just needed to add a new unit  ID # and add 16 channels to it.

I have built everything in the visualizer but am not sure how to export it to SE or what to do with it.

The hardware side of this I can figure out with a little trial and error, this software stuff is making my head explode

• The topic was locked