Light-O-Rama Forums

Trying to Get My 1st Controller to Work

supermanbrandon

Hey gang,

I received my first 16 channel controller the other day (LOR1602W). I have a sequence done and saved. I downloaded the USB Adapter CD, Tested the channels (all good), built a show with the one song, and set it to schedule editor. When the show starts on my pc...the lights do not go! I am missing something? I read the tutorials, the books, etc. I must just be missing something that newbie might need to know. Can anyone help? Do I possibly have too many things running at once or something? Any suggestions would help.

Thanks,

Desperate!

Do you have shows enabled? If you left-click the LOR icon in your system tray a dialog box will display telling you if shows are enabled or disabled. If it is disabled, right-click the LOR icon in the system tray and choose 'Enable Shows'.

Also make sure you don't have the sequence editor open or it may be taking control of the serial port not allowing the scheduler to access it.

After re-reading your post again I do have a few questions. You state that you tested the channels. Did you connect lights to the channels and turn them on/off using the hardware utility?

Also you state that the show starts but the lights do not turn on. Do you hear the music (assuming it is a musical sequence)? Are you able to play the sequence in the editor and do the lights turn on?

tom.

Tom,

I did have the "Enable Shows" turned on.

I didnt have anything else open.

I did use the Hardware Utility. It found my Controller on Comm 4, Configured It, and Tested Them. on/off/twinle/shimmer/etc. Do I need to set a New Unit ID? Not sure what that exactly is. Also...do I need to do anything with the other tabs at the top of the Hardware Utility?

When I "disable shows", open the sequence editor, turn on Control Lights, and then hit play on my sequence it does not control the lights. Thoughts?

What is this "Control Holiday Lights Designer"?

Thanks,

Brandon

brandon just a thought did you assign each channel for unit id and channel id?

open your sequence clcik on the first button, say tree 1. you'll get a list -change name- change color- change channel setting. did you ever change channel setting? if not you got to do each channel. so each channels know who they are.

Does your controller have an address set? It will definitely need an address set between 1-240. Since this is your first controller you will probably set it to 1.
Follow evana's instructions in the post above to make sure your sequence is using the same address as the controller and I think that will solve your problem.

tom.

Gang,

I did need to address each channel and unit in the sequence. That at least got me going in the right direction, but I then encountered a problem. I have all 16 channels plugged in but the sequencing is very slow. The lights are not in sequence with what I programmed. When I stop the playback some stay on for good. While playing the sequence...many of the lights never come on at all! Even while TESTING again...I would have them All Off...then turn them all to Twinkle...only a few would twinkle. It seems to have a very bad delay. Thoughts?

Also...when you say I need to give it an address...how do I do that?

Thanks,

Brandon

Also when TESTING...when I turn all the lights ON...I have to hit RESEND COMMAND a couple of times before I can get all of them ON. Same goes to turn them all OFF.

Thanks,

Brandon

click button one- chose device type-choose unit-than cicuit

tree 1
device- lightorama
unit- 01
circuit-1

clcik button two and do the same but increase circuit number.

tree 2
circuit 2

there is a swich (unit id)inside the 1602w. top next to the rj45 just check and make sure thats set to 1
moutainman right, just have your sequence open and you can see the show

To make sure I didnt have multiple programs going at one time...I logged out of the Control Panel/Hardware Utility and just ran the Sequencing Editor and Played the lights through that...but unfortunately...everytime I ran the show again in a selected screen...the lights did something different everytime! Out of 7-8 times the lights ran a different sequence each time. Each time some lights wouldnt turn on at all...but other times they would turn on and stay on...even after I stopped the sequence.

When you all play a sequence and turn that sequence off half way through...are all the lights suppose to turn off?

Sorry for all the troubles...I just want to make sure everything is correct before I leap forward.

Thanks,

Brandon

Guest wbottomley

supermanbrandon wrote:

I see 2 White Dials in the controller the one on the left is set at "O" and the one to the right says "1". Should they stay that way?

Yes.

Email me the sequence so I can take a look at it.

bottomleywilliam at symbol gmail dot com

Guest wbottomley

Everything looked fine on the sequence side.

It might be that the controller needs a reset.

To do that... disconnect power first, turn the second dial that says "1" to "0". Power controller on for 10 seconds then disconnect power again. Turn the second dial back to "1" and reconnect power again.